Monday, March 2, 2020

It's March!

It's March - and it actually feels a little bit Spring-like outside today, what are the odds? The weather this week is actually supposed to be much more Spring-like and right now, there aren't any snow changes in the fifteen day forecast. Perhaps the groundhog was right about an early Spring? *fingers crossed*

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1nImVRLdxvVUBhBdTEEYRpskn9LrED17I

Friday night I was challenged (by myself) to find something to eat at one of the local Mexican restaurants that wouldn't completely blow my Weight Watchers progress. I tend to be a bit overly intense about the points system but I'm feeling really committed right now and wanted to make good choices. They had a grilled chicken breast topped with queso blanco and mango salsa - the only item involved there with points was the queso, so I went for it. It was divine! Having made that good decision, I felt content in also having a chimi roll (or two) as an appetizer! 

After dinner we perused a cooking store on the Winchester Walking Mall called Nibblins that has some of the most fabulous chocolates, baked goods and amazing cooking tools. I stared longingly at the Le Creuset options - one day... one day... ha-ha! I ended the evening with a couple episodes of The Stranger on Netflix - I've got three or four to go before I'm finished!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1im0Spw1SXl81YHKHUWShtsERAAlnhZQI

I have discovered that I am just not very adept at sleeping late anymore - try as I might. *sigh* So after coffee on Saturday morning, I got in my exercise before showering and getting ready for a lunch date. After lunch, I ran some errands to look for additional curtain panels for my bedroom and grab some groceries - I found two recipes that were meant to make 0 point Weight Watchers desserts - let me tell you that there were both lies. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1WTML_go3H7PENNpt8syfSnzMkMDzrZKR

The above picture looks like a delightful cheesecake. It smelled like a delightful cheesecake. Heck - before it was put in the oven, the batter even tasted like a delightful cheesecake but... it really wasn't. I mean, I suppose it tasted fine but the texture was extremely wonky and it was such a let down! Granted - it wasn't as much of a let down as the no bake brownie batter - I didn't even take a picture of that disaster! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1RjxZ06caY6lquVfqlsO7EfPnuq5q0aP3

With the acquisition of the book above - I now have seven things to read, ha-ha! And that doesn't count the books I already had that I haven't started yet. The book came highly recommended by a dear friend and so I grabbed it up because I definitely tend to have some pretty intense thoughts sometimes! *sigh* I better get to reading! After church on Sunday, I had lunch at Chipotle and then I went to the spa at the George Washington Inn for a massage - let me tell you that was the best hour of my Sunday, for sure! It has been too long since I had a massage and it was stellar! I'm trying to plan a return trip ASAP, ha-ha! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ou-dDEBxFSBQXhDNzX3JIViHqyiyIGVb https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16gF76nqudOlWhjr6HetCZw4l14N6mxa6

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1UHM3z98FW7coqWGLhARAZqYR9pCaRes2

The weather on Sunday afternoon; much like last Sunday afternoon, was glorious! It was around 55 and sunny - so we set out to explore the trail around the lake. Watson thought it was all a grand adventure and happily tromped and hopped through the trees with wild abandon and was indignant when I picked him up to cross the stream! It's at times like this he seems like he is more two than twelve and has boundless energy! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16eXyEMHJCHMcBQIDSavqU7_qShKhI0vP

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1xjQ4t4YTDOM02HUyoG9J05OY1crD8UDC

After a branch slapped my Mom and cut her arm (it's a small cut - she's just fine), we made our way off of the trail and back toward the house to get my Mom's arm cleaned up and bandaged. We watched the newest episode of Outlander and then I began to cook some Zuppa Toscana (not the Olive Garden version...) for supper. The directions said to stir continuously while boiling to prevent a boil over - well guess what y'all - that doesn't always work! 

It didn't matter that I stirred continuously... the soup was rising in the pot and I went to move it off the eye a little too late, sloshed some of the soup over the side and all over the stove... and also down onto my hand! It was a great moment in time where I might have yelled a thing or two, but all is well that ends well because the soup still got cooked, the oven got restored to it's clean glory and after applying Aloe Vera to my thumb - you'd never know boiling soup slopped all over it. That's a win! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1OVXqCcMg-8uZB3l1WKkfQBwQUmGEUj5v

I rounded out the evening with a bubble bath - as always - and then I got clothes out for the work week, put away laundry and watched an episode of Samantha Brown's Places to Love before calling it a night. What a weekend y'all! And now - it's March!

No comments:

Post a Comment