Saturday, February 29, 2020

February

Image result for february"

Anticipations

Spring - Northern Virginia hasn't really had much of a Winter as it is... but still, I would really love for Spring to arrive early and stick around a little bit! I'd love a couple months of pleasantly warm days and cool nights while everything comes to life again. The groundhog predicted early Spring and I definitely hope he was right... as right as a furry little rascal that is thrust into the air every year can be....


Image result for spring in the mountains

Staycation - This one barely makes the list because it starts on March 31st... but close enough, right? My younger sister is coming to visit at the end of March before she moves to her next base and I'll be taking about a week off from work to spend time with her and the family before she moves! 

Books I Read

The Unofficial Guide to Game of Thrones by Kim Renfro - I finished this book up at the start of the month and definitely enjoyed it. It had nuggets of information, behind the scenes secrets and production tidbits from all eight years of the show and I also liked that the author didn't try to sugar coat the missteps in the final seasons; she told it like it was, and I appreciated that. I'd only recommend this book if you're a die-hard Game of Thrones fan - and I think we know I'm that!

The Storyteller's Secret by Sejal Badani - Oh my goodness, this book was so absolutely excellent. It took me just a wee bit to get into it but then, I was absolutely hooked! I ended up waking up before my alarm went off in the AM to read it... and staying awake well past when I'd normally be asleep to read it. It's just fantastic and I cannot recommend it enough. The paperback is literally less than $7 on Amazon right now - go get yourself a copy!

On the Bright Side by Melanie Shankle - I also just started this one and I'm only about two chapters into it but so far, I am loving it. Melanie has such a hilarious personality and way of looking at the world that I identify with so much.

Miracles & Other Reasonable Things by Sarah Bessey - I started this book and I have to report that I'm only two chapters in... I got distracted when my copy of On the Bright Side arrived; I set this one aside and I'll pick it back up when I finish On the Bright Side!

Books on the Shelf

I still have plenty of books to read on my shelves... not sure what I'll start in on quite yet. I have two books by JoJo Moyes that still need to be read and several books related to Game of Thrones that I got for Christmas that I'd like to read, even though they are all GIGANTIC and will be quite unwieldy to just curl up on the couch with! I also just received FIVE new books that I ordered recently (they were all so cheap though!) so they'll be added to the pile!

Can't Miss Movies

I didn't see a single move all month y'all. *sigh* It always seems like January and February are the most dead times at the theater and this year is no exception. I contemplated going to see Downhill but never went... And I watched Lady Bird (finally) on Amazon Prime - but I didn't actually darken the door of a movie theater all month long. I'm thinking that will change in March...

Must See TV

Outlander - Oh the drama of Revolutionary North Carolina and potentially altering time... it's a tricky business! Outlander's fifth season started on Valentine's Day (they're really selling that romance - and I; for one, eat it up) and so far, only two episodes have aired. I loved the first episode and was only slightly less intrigued by the second episode (too much gore...). But I do love Outlander and I can't wait to see what the other ten episodes of season five have in store!


Image result for outlander season 5

Home Town - Y'all know I am loving watching some Home Town! I love the precious relationship between Ben & Erin... and I especially love seeing how they transform the homes in Laurel, MS. I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that this is the same Laurel that I drove to in college to meet my parents... because I ended up with an eye infection & my glasses were at home... and not with me in Hattiesburg! *face palm* This show and the people on the show are like this sweet reminder of the place I grew up - which wasn't Laurel, but was Mississippi.


Image result for home town season 4

I also started watching The Stranger on Netflix - I'm only 4 episodes into the 10 episode series, but I'm extremely intrigued and plan to finish it! 

Tasty Treats

One of my favorite meals are foil pouches that are stuffed with broccoli, carrots, potatoes, peppers, onions and sausage - always so tasty! I had lunch with the family at a new-ish restaurant in Ashburn called the Wicket Door Pub; I had the most delicious White Chicken Chili (I am STILL searching for the perfect recipe) and a BBQ Pulled Pork Baked Potato... *drool*

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=19gxI3NK6qouqsdpGjPELqPFkH0TuzAkG

As I'm doing Weight Watchers, I am choosing to modify some recipes to make them a bit more healthy and I made Turkey Chili this month that I thought was really good! My younger sister sent me macarons for Valentine's Day and they were delicious...but then I'd expect nothing less from the Jean Philippe Patisserie @ The Bellagio! And of course - my beloved Atlas Coffee shipment arrived this month from New Guinea and it's peanut butter flavored! Yes please! 

Tunes & Talk 

I'm still listening to the podcast(s) Catlick and the Popcast with Knox & Jamie pretty routinely. I've been listening to a LOT of K-Love when I'm driving to and from work and the music I have been turning on my phone ranges from Instrumental (as usual) to Queen and more - so many options! I'm just all over the place y'all!

****************************************

That's all for the month of February! I hope you had a great month and here's hoping March has exciting things in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment