Friday, March 13, 2020

Five on Friday

The second weekend of March is here and honestly - the world is feeling a little bit crazy, isn't it? 


One. Weekend Plans - I have a weekend filled with plans and I'm quite excited about all of it! I'm going to see the new Disney/Pixar movie Onward tonight and I am really looking forward to seeing that! I'm also wondering how full the theater will be... you just never know with the country being in the midst of a pandemic. *shudder*

I'm going to some Spring open houses on Saturday morning and meeting my friend Katie for lunch on Saturday... not sure what else I'll get up to after that! Sunday after church I'm taking part in a Potluck & Paint event at my church - so I'll come home with a full belly and a new Spring painting! Of course - I'll be catching Outlander's new episode and Westworld's third season premieres on Sunday night!

Image result for weekend

Two. Office Redo - It's been a long time coming but yesterday I got brand new office furniture and I am 100% in love! I used to have a very small counter-style desk area but now I have a ton of space to spread out my work, as well as a lot of storage! 



I also especially love that I now get to face the windows! I love being able to look outside, watch people in the nearby neighborhood taking their dogs for walks and being able to see the seasons change! I've also been able to decorate the office space so that it's a little bit more my style and it's great!

Three. A Pandemic - I have been poking about on the internet and I see that there have been a few pandemics in my lifetime... but perhaps they didn't "seem" as intense as the Coronavirus has seemed. I know that while it wasn't ever a laughing matter, it seemed less worrisome last week - but now in the past 24 hours, the NBA, the NHL, MLS and now the MLB have cancelled or postponed seasons due to the outbreak.

I am trying to continue to live my life while also being cautious and conscientious of the people around me. I know that if I were to contract the virus, it would likely be similar to a bad cold for me - but then I'd also be a vector. *sigh* Who knows what things might look like a week or a month from now?



Four. Spring Things - The weather for the past few weeks and this week especially has been pretty delightful! The temperatures have hovered around 60-70 during the day and much more light and breezy during the evenings. I've spent more time walking as my exercise as opposed to being down in the basement on the elliptical - it's just too nice to be indoors! 


I snapped the pictures above while making my way through the community last night - there are flowers popping out everywhere and I just couldn't resist grabbing a picture of the bright blooms! I hope that this lovely Spring weather continues! 

Five. Make-Up Things - I have discovered as I've gotten older that something I really love is make-up! I especially love eye shadow palettes and trying out all sorts of shades, color combos and more! I've especially grown to love anything and everything from ColourPop and when I saw they were having a mega sale a few weeks ago - I jumped on two palettes I've been eyeing! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1KF_wsKgVDeOdBP0MPlOssirHQ_g_7Xbq

I purchased the Disney Designer Princess Collection (on the bottom right) and the Disney Villains Misunderstood Collection (on the top left) - and both are fabulous! The Princess palette is a little softer and more suited to every day wear while the Villains are much more intense! I do love palettes from ColourPop thought because the colors - whether light or dark - are always very saturated! It's great!

*****************************************

So - that's that for this edition of Five on Friday! Y'all - please wash your hands and keep safe out there, as best as we all can! 

No comments:

Post a Comment