Thursday, March 19, 2020

The Bucket List - An Accomplishment List... So Far...

I started this list way back when I was thirty - and now I'm thirty-five. I wanted to share some of the things I've accomplished so far... if they can necessarily be called accomplishments, ha-ha!

Image result for bucket list

Honestly - I don't quite have 40 items on my list and that's probably because I'm not sure what exactly I want to do - so many decisions, you know? So I am just sharing a few of the things that I have actually done so far that were on the list and have been marked off!

I've Done It!

(3) Buy or Build A Home - I bought a home in July of 2011! I put the home on some land that my Grandmother (my Nanny) owned and I lived in my house from July of 2011 to June of 2014, when I sold it and moved to Virginia. It was a wonderful first home and I hope it's making someone else very happy - just like it made me!


(4) Visit London - Oh my goodness, what a dream come true this was! My family visited the U.K. in December of 2015 and it was absolutely the most wonderful thing! We saw the city of London and all it had to share, Bath, Stonehenge, Windsor, the Tower of London, the studios where Harry Potter was filmed and so much more. It was everything I could have imagined and more!


(8) Go to a Baseball Game @ Camden Yards - I went to a baseball game at Camden Yards in July of 2015 to watch the Washington Nationals take on the Baltimore Orioles as part of the Battle of the Beltways. While our seats weren't ideal, the game was great (the Nationals won) and the ball park was stunning!


(9) See the Cherry Blossoms in DC - I saw the Cherry Blossoms for the FIRST time in April of 2015 and they are as beautiful as people make them out to be - it's truly the most stunning way to see the US Capitol.


I saw the Cherry Blossoms for a second time in late March of 2016 and yet again - they were just as stunning as predicted. I can't decide which year was the best year... but then again, maybe I can't choose between the two. I'm hopeful to get to see them again this year - we shall see...


(11) Go to an NFL Game - I went to my very first NFL game in November of 2015 at Fed Ex Field in Maryland to watch the New Orleans Saints play the Washington Redskins. Unfortunately the Saints were not victorious but it was a good time and I got to wear my Saints gear amid a sea of Redskins fans... I will say, I'd like to attend a game somewhere besides Fed Ex Field because it left something to be desired...


(13) Recreate a Portion of my Senior Trip - My Senior Trip consisted of my friend Nickolee and I spending a few days in Gatlinburg, Tennessee and a couple more days in Panama City Beach, Florida. We were able to "recreate" a portion of that trip in March of 2017 when we met up in Gatlinburg for a long weekend! We certainly have a few more responsibilities than we did at 18, but we still had the most wonderful time!


(15) Have a Surprise Birthday Party - My Mom pulled this one off and it completely surprised me! She invited my friends to the Coach & Horses Tea Room for my 31st birthday and I was completely taken by surprise! I just thought I'd be going with my family but when we arrived, my Dad went in with us to see the surprise and then scooted out to do some other things - it was so awesome to be surprised like that!


(18) Try Camping - I am an outdoor person... as long as I can go home when the outdoor things are done, take a shower and sleep in my bed. However my parents developed a love for camping and I finally gave in and gave it a try in September of 2015. And let's just say that it wasn't really my thing. I didn't even last 24 hours before I headed back home to enjoy my Labor Day Weekend in the AC!


(24) Meet Someone Famous - YES! I met Washington Nationals first baseman Ryan Zimmerman in December of 2017 and it was excellent! Zimm did a meet and greet in the nearby Clearbrook Park, located about ten minutes from my office and even though it was freezing outside - you better believe I went! I now have a signed picture and snapshots with Ryan - yahoo!


(25) Return to Vandenberg AFB - I was born at the 30th Medical Group at Vandenberg Air Force Base Hospital and lived the first (about) three years of my life on base. In May of 2016 my family took a trip out to California and we went back to Vandenberg and the city of Lompoc, where my story began. It was really neat and I'm glad I can say I've returned!


(29) Host my Family for a Holiday - I hosted my family for both Thanksgiving and Christmas in my home in 2011 and both were delightful! I think since then, we've mostly done the holidays at my parent's home in Virginia and from time to time at my sister's place, wherever she may be... but I've had my turn, ha-ha!


(30) Visit NYC during the Christmas Season - I am lucky enough to say that I went to New York City during the Christmas season in December of 2016 and December of 2017 and both times were delightful! We rode the train from DC to NYC both times, stayed in and around Times Square and had an amazing time! There's nothing quite like NYC at Christmas!


(32) See the Wild Horses at Assateague Island - My family went to Ocean City, Maryland in August of 2017 and since Assateague is just a short little jaunt away, we drove over during the long beach weekend and I got to see the wild horses! It was so amazing to see them just walking along the surf - I'd love to go back and see them again!


******************************************************************

So there you have it - just a few of the things I've done so far that were on my bucket list. I really thing I should call it something besides a bucket list though...because that's usually a list for what you want to do before you "kick the bucket" as it were. I hope I won't be kicking any buckets for a long while yet - the Good Lord and the Coronavirus Pandemic 2020 willing. *shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment