Friday, March 20, 2020

Five on Friday


One. First Day of Spring - The first day of Spring was yesterday and y'all, I'd honestly love to crawl right into this picture and just lay down. Maybe I'd take a nap and after I'd take a walk on that little trail to see where it leads... I'd honestly like to crawl into this picture because I feel like that is a land that Coronavirus has forgotten - so I'd like to be there. *sigh* The world keeps turning and the seasons change.


I wonder where I could find a place like this in the real world? I feel like that path only leads to good.

Two. Pandemic Update - Of course life goes on. *sigh* I say that and then realize that for some people, that's sadly not the case. What a season of uncertainty we are in right now - my gracious. The US as we know it is slowly but surely shutting down... stores, restaurants, entertainment... I think when all is said and done, the world that exists after this ends will look very different from the world we live in now.


I work in wealth management and so far, life has continued as normal for me. I work in a very small office and so we are just doing what we do... We began today trying to put a teleworking plan in place, so next week could look very different for me. Only time will tell.

Three. Some Thoughts - Wednesday morning I found myself waking up feeling a little bit panicked about this whole virus thing. It was the first time I'd really felt anxious about it and I immediately started praying for peace and calm for myself and the world at large - we certainly could use that right now.


I think the best thing to do right now is focus on the things you can control (and know the One who is in control of it all) and just let go of everything else. I know that's easier said than done - but that's what I'm trying to do each day... sometimes even each hour. Be kind to others, take care of yourself and don't focus on the negative - and if that means letting go of social media - do that too! 

Four. Shopping the Sales - I recently read Melanie Shankle's book, On the Bright Side and the general purpose of the delightful book was that in all things in life - there is a bright side. I'm assuming that in an effort to stimulate the economy (of not just the US), several stores have been having major sales and so yesterday I picked up a couple things! 

      


I grabbed three shirts from Loft for $35 - total! They are all great shirts for the Spring transition and the Springlike temperatures. I also grabbed a precious dress from Seasalt Cornwall that was on sale for 29.95 - but that's pounds and not dollars! I see that Loft still has a sale going today - so maybe check that out. Granted - I don't know where I'll be wearing these clothes once I get them... *shrugs*

Five. Weekend Plans - I don't know what the plans for the weekend are but something tells me they involve a LOT of staying inside and not socializing with anyone outside my parents. I have 4D puzzle that I need to work on, a stack of books waiting to be read, a Bible study I could work on, a closet I could organize... the list goes on and on. 

Image result for cabin fever

I suppose we shall see but what I know is that it's far too early to start going stir crazy! 

********************************************

Y'all have a good weekend! Get outside and get some fresh air... keep that six feet in effect and when you aren't out walking around in the nature - please just be at home. We have so many options for entertainment that we can access from our living rooms - so we can do this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment