Friday, March 6, 2020

Five on Friday

It's the first weekend of March - I don't know about you but I feel like the months of January and February just flew by! Perhaps that is how this entire year is going to go? Who knows...


One. Five Years - I have been at my job for five years this week! Actually, it was five years on Wednesday the 4th! I do feel like the past five years have absolutely flown by! I started my job about nine months after moving to Virginia and I've been here ever since.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1nz6s3VWAU0jXD-m0SSYIsioHS02Qlhrc

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-kCGh0icr6nZjzQ8Vyts29jsgqFLWycJ https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1G4Q6miht6X5lhZHcGK7FGurwcKxnt4t2

I work in wealth management and I have learned so much in the last five years that I had no clue about... and wealth management is not at all what I went to college for - but it's a great job! I was given flowers, a balloon and a really sweet card with a Loft gift card! I'm so blessed in my job and excited to see what the next five years hold!

Two. Weekend Plans - I have a full weekend and I'm looking forward to it! I'm joining the ladies group from my church tonight for dessert and fellowship and I know that will be a wonderful time! Saturday morning I'm going with my Mom to get pedicures... we'll have lunch and maybe pop into a shop or two. My friend Danielle and I are going to see Emma on Saturday night at the Alamo!

The weather has been nice so far this week... but Sunday is supposed to be in the 60's and sunny, so I do believe after church the family and I may go into the National Park and do some hiking... maybe take my Mom to Stoney Man because that hike is both easy and offers some stunning views! Whoosh - it's going to be a full weekend! 

Three. Coronavirus - I suppose this whole pandemic isn't really a laughing matter but honestly, what else can you do at this point? I've always been a hand washer... although it's a little unsettling to realize how many people haven't been washing their hands until now - gross! 


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Ul1R6Tadw0efroKfV2lfdHmrxUJ3EUCO

The markets have been all over the place in response to the outbreak and I joked with some friends that now would NOT be the time to watch the movie Contagion - but I did just have to share this one meme, because it made me smile. I definitely was one of those kids that drank from the hose - no doubt about it! What I do doubt is that it provided any sort of immunity... but we shall see...

Four. Office Tunes - This is probably the most random thing to share... but share it I will! I stumbled on a channel on YouTube called Quiet Quest that has the best ambient/calm music to listen to, especially at work! The videos are 3-4 hours long and you can't let yourself get too distracted by the stunning scenery that the videos also show... but the music is just the most peaceful and calming music.

I have been listening to different variations all week and I am so in love that I subscribed to the channel. My boss is really easy going about what we listen to - so it's not like instrumental music is a necessity but it's something I love and this channel provides music that is just perfect for a peaceful atmosphere - be it the office or at home!

Five. Longer Days are Coming - I know that with the time change this weekend I'll lose an hour of sleep and it will still be dark when I have to get up every morning for work... but I also know that means that each evening the skies will stay lighter just a little bit longer and so, I think that's an even trade off!

Image result for daylight savings spring forward

I am so looking forward to warmer weather, longer days, time spent sitting out on the deck in the fading sunshine and just Spring in general! The time change seems like the first step toward Spring and so I'm pretty thrilled about it... even with the loss of that hour! And there are only 13 days until the official First Day of Spring!

***************************************

That's all for this week! Y'all take your Vitamin C, wash your hands and cover your mouth when you sneeze - because I'm not really sure what else you can do at this point! And try to enjoy life! It's almost Spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment