Friday, March 27, 2020

Five on Friday


One. Working from Home - Well, I feel like it was probably inevitable but I started working from home this week! It hasn't been the easiest of transitions but I'm just trying to roll with it and take each day as it comes. Tuesday I couldn't even get my computer to work until after 1:30... Wednesday was blessedly uncomplicated... Thursday started with some serious printer complications... and today also included printer complications. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Ok5zx8JxfC6y7v-4m0v9B0Wyb0-sWPUk

I'm hoping that COVID-19 will slow the spread...heck, I am literally praying multiple times a day that the Lord will just snatch it out of the world... because I'm tired of the sort of anxiety-ridden world we are now living in and the constant threat of illness. I mostly want no one else to get sick or die from this crazy disease... but I'd also just like for life to return to normal again. *sigh* Wouldn't we all?

Two. Workday Lunches - One aspect of working from home that I do enjoy is the lunch breaks! It was especially nice outside on Wednesday, so I whipped myself up a grilled pimento & cheese sandwich and took it out on the back deck to share with Watson. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GnqNWWVY7-xi79bZYz5MKtEhfcov4xC4 https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1WPTaoJYq6HMbmyiRd9nXKmTjMi2OVXfY

The only down side to the glorious weather outside and the delightful lunch break was that it makes it that much harder to go back to the desk and get back to work! 

Three. A Bright Spot - One thing I never thought I'd experience in my lifetime was standing in a line waiting to go into Costco, but now I can say I've done that. So - there's that. I know you're probably wondering what purple hydrangeas have to do with that...


When it was time to check out at Costco, we were guided to one of the open check out lines - only every third line was open to make sure there was plenty of room between the people checking out - and next to our check out line was a flatbed of gigantic purple hydrangeas. So, I snapped a picture because... sure, the world is sort of a dumpster fire right now, Costco has lines and signs about distancing... but at least Spring is till coming in hot and there are bright purple hydrangeas! 

Four. Are We All Feeling This Way - A friend posted this on her Instagram stories and I honestly couldn't agree more. 


I am still having trouble convincing my parents of the seriousness sometimes (if you're reading this family, you know I speak the truth) but otherwise, we shoulder on. Friday night is now take-out night instead of eating out night and I'm getting to know a lot more about the place I live. There is (for me) this underlying feeling of uncertainty - but something tells me that's actually how everyone is feeling.

Five. Weekend Plans - Oh man, what is a weekend anymore? That's right, it's the two days of the week when I don't have to go to my desk that's set up in my living room, ha-ha! I know tonight is take-out from Regions 117 and watching the movie Yesterday and then after that - I honestly have no clue. I'll be getting in some exercise, that's for sure.

I am honestly entertaining the idea of cleaning out my closet - but that would be something of an epic undertaking. Then again, what else do I actually have to do? A friend pointed out a new area of walking trails in the area and I might check those out on Sunday... I'll need some fresh air because it's supposed to rain all day Saturday! 

***********************************************

Y'all hang in there and stay strong! Stay at home and if you do have to get out, go explore nature (away from people, ha-ha). We can do this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment