Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Her Majesty - QUEEN!

A week ago - I'd never seen Queen in concert. I grew up knowing who Queen was... I quite distinctly remember my Dad putting a Queen record on in the living room of our house when I was small and dancing around to the music... I remember the brown carpet in the living room, the record player located near the bottom of the massive wall unit in our living room and our old floral print couch along the windows; I couldn't have been much older than 6 or 7 and at that age, I fully embraced the motto of dancing like no one was watching... and I'm 99.9% certain that the song I was dancing to was Bicycle


I'm not sure if my younger sister was in the living room dancing around with me - she might have been - but I just remember my dancing. Hopping around to a song about a bicycle, swirling around on the brown carpet and probably flopping onto the couch for added pizzazz. A routine that surely Freddie Mercury would have been proud of... I can't deny that seeing the movie Bohemian Rhapsody last November absolutely rekindled my interest in Queen - and the concert tickets were a Christmas gift from my parents - given months in advance of the concert. 


I don't know that I have any fancy or descriptive words for the concert - it will probably always be one of the best concerts I ever get to attend and I can tell you now that I'd go see Queen in concert again and again and again... Certainly; Queen is a bit different without Freddie Mercury at the helm, but Adam Lambert more than matches the legendary front man and being able to see rock legends Brian May and Roger Taylor on stage - it's definitely a moment I'll never forget. 

We had excellent seats - but I did only have an iPhone for pictures - so some of them aren't the best quality, but still... I thought I'd share them. The concert was just - something else. So fantastic and will always be such a wonderful memory and I can look back on these pictures (shoddy as some of them may be) and remember singing and clapping and cheering with thousands of other people, to the music of Queen.





































Did I mention that there are like... a ton of pictures? Well - there are. 















FREDDIE!








The most interesting thing about the concert? The range in age of the fans... we saw teenagers covered in body glitter and one of the women sitting on our row had to carefully climb past some of the seats so she didn't "mess up her bad hip"... Imagine having a career that spans so many decades...


Suffice it to say - we were thoroughly blown away by Queen! And yes - I probably shared too many pictures, but as this is my public repository for all my memories - I want to be able to see them all. And really - are there ever too many pictures of Queen?

No comments:

Post a Comment