Friday, August 9, 2019

Five on Friday

Today I don't have five things - just a couple favorites from this week. I'm sure if I didn't have a headache, I could probably come up with five things - but I do have a headache this week, so you just get some favorites. 


One. Color Street Nail Strips - I am a huge fan of having my fingernails painted but I absolutely hate spending the time on painting my nails...only to have the polish chip within 24-48 hours. I have tried all manner of polish, combined with base coat, top coat, etc... but I still haven't found a polish that actually stays on. And don't even get met started on salon manicures: if it's a normal mani, it doesn't last and if it's gel polish - it just ends up ruining my nails. 


A friend from church invited me to her online Color Street party and after reading some reviews, I purchased a few options. The nail strips are made from actual polish - I don't know how they do it - but what I do know is I have been nothing but impressed with them. The pictures above are from nails that I've had on for just over five days with no chips, no wear... the only sign of change being that my fingernails have begun to grow out. So - I'd highly recommend Color Street. Check it out here and if you need a consultant, try Nickole Kinsey!

Two. Feeling the Buzz - We got a Nespresso coffe machine at work while I was out on vacation, so this week I've finally had the chance to try the delicious coffee that it makes and man... it's the good stuff. On Wednesday afternoon I added a shot of espresso to my afternoon cup of coffee and it really...made me feel some kind of good, ha-ha!


I know for a lot of people coffee makes them feel that way pretty frequently but I've never really had that moment where coffee just lit me up - or whatever. But for about thirty minutes on Wednesday afternoon, I had that moment. I took that picture and sent it to my sister - she told me I looked like I was on drugs; but in a good way. Whatever, ha-ha!

Three. A Funny - I don't even have multiple memes this week. Just the one. It's so true on such a deeply personal level that I feel it in my very soul. I cannot tell you how many times someone has asked me this and I immediately worry what I'll be getting myself into...


Certainly - I enjoy doing things with people and I enjoy being social - but it all just depends on the confines of those things as to how much I will enjoy it, ha-ha! 

****************************************

That's all I've got for this Friday and it's not a lot. Granted, I've still got a headache and that's been the case since I woke up at 6:45 this morning. A hearty dislike to that and a happy weekend to you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment