Friday, August 16, 2019

Five on Friday

Perhaps it's not too obvious that I'm hoping Autumn will arrive early? I feel like I mentioned that hope in my earlier posts this week - so I've probably gotten that point across. As a general rule, one of the only things I like about Summer is baseball... but September through December are my favorite parts of the year. 

Some of the trees in my neighborhood have already started dropping their leaves - but lest I wish my life away, I suppose I should enjoy my August and that starts with the weekend ahead.


One. Puppy Cuteness - I'm fairly convinced it's because my pup is getting older... he was never so cuddly before but now, when given the chance he'll snuggle right up against me. Last night while I was reading on my couch, he hopped up into the crook of my legs and settled himself in to take a nap and I couldn't resist taking some pictures. 


I almost hated to move from my living room to my bedroom because he was so comfortable - but since he has started making the puppy snuggles a nightly thing - I'm sure he'll do something similar again tonight!

Two. Weekend Plans - I'm not entirely sure what the weekend holds. I don't really have plans for tonight and there's nothing planned on Sunday but I will be at Nationals Park for a baseball game on Saturday night and y'all know I always look forward to that excitement!

Image result for nationals baseball

Perhaps we'll get lucky and get to see Max Scherzer pitch in his return from the DL? Only time will tell but I do hope my weekend plans include a Nationals win!

Three. Memes Again - Oh friend(s); I really do think I have some good ones today. Some of these have absolutely made me cackle this week, so I'm hoping you'll get a kick out of them too!

Accurate.
I haven't had Krispy Kreme in ages....
I can't lie - this is also accurate.

The final one is a little funny - but also a lot true. I feel like I don't just get carried a lot - I get dragged because I'm not quite the best at following the Lord's plan for me. *sigh* Thank goodness for new mercies every day...and the ability to laugh at myself.

Four. What Bit Me - So this is actually old news but I figured I'd share because who doesn't love a good freaky bug bite story? Maybe the answer to that is that no one actually likes them but I'm sharing any way (maybe I'm over sharing?)... Something bit me the first weekend of August and I still have no clue what it was...


The bite started out like a weird rash... then the center darkened and the whole thing turned into a bruise; it even felt like a bruise and nothing about that was pleasant. The bite ached and felt warm but gradually began to fade away - just like a bruise - but with the bite in the center. It's completely gone now and I still have no clue what bit me. Eek! I can only pray it wasn't a tick... or a spider...

Five. It's Just the Truth - I don't have much else this week but I did stumble on the picture below earlier in the week and it just hit too close to home. I suppose it could have been lumped into the rest of the memes but - it's my point five - because it's just too accurate to be just funny. 


That's all I've got for this fine Friday in August - it's the halfway point on the eighth month of the year. We are only four and a half months away from a new year - can you believe that? Enjoy the weekend while it lasts and take in the rest of August as it passes! 




No comments:

Post a Comment