Friday, August 23, 2019

Five on Friday

It's a rainy Friday here in Northern Virginia and the temperature is hovering somewhere in the mid-60's... which makes it feel like Autumn and I am absolutely not opposed to that! I have on a long sleeve shirt and it feels quite cozy - love it!


One. Storm Snapshot - It has rained and even come up quite some fearsome storms every evening this past week. A neighbor in my community managed to snap an absolutely perfect shot earlier this week and I wanted to share that snap here with you!


Pretty fabulous, isn't it? It used to storm all the time when I lived in Mississippi and I never though I'd miss it but it storms very rarely in Virginia and sometimes I actually miss the storms. Mind you - not enough to return to Mississippi - but I have enjoyed them this week.

Two. Amusing Memes - Y'all know I always have some funnies for you and I figured I'd share these three that have made me laugh this week! The first is especially... I don't know about funny because this week has been a little frustrating on the exercise front - so maybe it just rings especially true this week?




I have a co-worker that is obsessed with all things pumpkin spice; there has been pumpkin spice creamer in the fridge at the office since late July. I definitely love all things Autumn and can't wait for it to arrive... but the pumpkin spice in abundance does makes me laugh. And the last one - it's just too true not to share! 

My pastor even mentioned last week that we live in the age of Instagram comparison - and it's so true! A person's life may look beautiful on social media... but who knows how many filters have been applied to that snap? Perhaps we should live life a little more #unfiltered?

Three. Weekend Plans - I'm not 100% sure what is on the agenda for this weekend. The idea of going to grab lunch at Chuy's on Saturday and then perusing IKEA have popped up here and there... along with the idea of going to watch the sunset again in the National Park. I'm not sure yet if any of those things will happen but I do know I'm looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday - but what else is new with that?

Four. Shakespeare - I've always loved literature and I've read plenty of Shakespeare. I was lucky enough to visit The Globe and his home in Stratford Upon Avon just a few years ago and I even grabbed a mug covered in Shakespearean insults. My younger sister shared this earlier this week and I couldn't resist sharing it too!


How many of those things do you use in your day to day chats? I see so many that pop out of my mouth all the time and it just tickles and also amazes me that a man that has been gone for hundreds of years has left marks both big and small on society as a whole. 

Five. Stitch Fix - Have you ever tried Stitch Fix? My stylist recently has absolutely been hitting it out of the park and I'm planning to post soon about some of the most recent items I've received. I have been doing Stitch Fix for over two years now and I absolutely love it! You sign up, fill out your style profile and for $20 you get a fix with five pieces that are hand selected for you - by your stylist. The $20 styling fee is applied to any of the items you keep and if you keep all five items - you get an additional 25% taken off the purchase. 

Image result for stitch fix

It's such an easy and fun way to add to your wardrobe and I love it! If you'd like to check it out, feel free to try my link: https://www.stitchfix.com/invite/jshd5hffym?sod=w&som=c

I know you'll love it - so give it a try!

****************************************************

Happy Weekend everyone - I hope yours is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment