Friday, August 30, 2019

Five on Friday

Technically Autumn doesn't start until closer to the end of September and I suppose this weekend is one of the final weekends of Summer - but I don't really care - I am ready to embrace all things Autumn and so I'm going to use my colorful and festive Friday Five banner for the next few months! 


One. Cake Batter Blondies - I stumbled onto this Pinterest recipe and gave it a whirl last weekend and I absolutely loved it! I made them again this week to surprise a co-worker for her birthday - because these just look like a birthday cake to me! 


  • 1 box Betty Crocker Golden Vanilla Cake Mix
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 large egg; beaten
  • 1/3 cup half & half or heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
  • 1/2 an 11.5 ounce bag white chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
  • 1 tbsp. rainbow sprinkles
***************************************************
  • Preheat the oven to 350
  • Combine the cake mix & 1/2 cup sprinkles in a large bowl.
  • Add oil & egg & stir to combine.
  • Stir in the cream & white chocolate chips until batter is combined; it will be thick.
  • Place batter in a greased 8x12 or 9x9 baking dish & sprinkle with tablespoon of rainbow sprinkles. 
  • Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges turn golden & a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  • Allow bars to cool completely & cut into squares. 

Two. Things that Make me Giggle - Y'all know that I've always got to share the things that make me chuckle throughout the week. Marvel made an announcement last week at the D23 Expo that not only was Richard Madden joining the Marvel cinematic universe in The Eternals - but so was Kit Harington. Thus - reuniting the Stark children. Rejoice!


The next one just makes me giggle because honestly - the music for Game of Thrones is utterly fabulous and I feel like Ramin Djawadi does just what that meme below says... ha-ha!


Lastly - I have never before felt so seen as a person. As an introvert, I can 100% agree that when I go to social events with more than a couple people... this is how I feel. 


Three. An Amazon Find - I saw these headbands recommended on a favorite blog and since they were only $12.99, I thought I'd give them a try. They have easily been one of the best purchases I've made on Amazon in a long time - they're perfect! They are cute and have the knot style that is popular right now, they fit well but they don't squeeze my head - like I said, they're perfect!


I ended up purchasing both sets: there is a solid set and a patterned set - both are fabulous! Get yours here! The best part? They're Amazon Prime eligible! 

Four. Weekend Plans - It's a three day weekend! Rejoice! I have lots of plans for this final weekend of August and the first weekend of September...since they are one and the same! I'm going to get dinner with my parents outside DC tonight and then I'm not sure what else I'll do. Tomorrow I'm meeting my friend Katie and her son at the Arboretum for a picnic and catching up - the weather is supposed to be pretty glorious. 

Image result for va state arboretum Image result for va scottish games

The Virginia Scottish Games are on Sunday and my friend Danielle and I are going - we plan to spend most of the day taking in Scottish music, dancing, food (not the haggis), crafts and more. I always love the Clan Parade and especially love hearing the sound of the bagpipes! *sigh* And I'm hoping there is a little Scottish Coo to pet too! I'm not sure what I'll get up to on Monday but I know I'm off work and I can sleep in - yahoo!

Five. The Perfect Mini Kitchen - During my perusal around IKEA last weekend I stumbled on the perfect wee kitchen for my little home and now my brain is just obsessed with getting it! I live in a small basement apartment and don't have much available where a kitchen is concerned - but I saw this little gem and thought it would be perfect for me!

SUNNERSTA Mini-kitchen IKEA With SUNNERSTA mini-kitchen you can easily create a practical and inspiring area for cooking, even in a small space.
I checked shipping online and it's $199 to ship from the store in Woodbridge - which is beyond nuts because the kitchen itself only cost $149! IKEA - who are you kidding with those prices? I guess another trip to IKEA is in my future!

***********************************************

Y'all enjoy the long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment