Monday, August 12, 2019

All the Nature

I spent so much more time in nature this weekend than I'd imagined I would. I know - what a weird way to start a post, right? The weather this past weekend was like a preview of what Autumn could be... maybe we will even get an early Autumn here in Northern Virginia? Wouldn't that be lovely?

I don't have picture from Friday night but I took plenty because we ate at one of my favorite spots - Nana's Irish Pub! The food is authentic and fabulous - I have literally never had anything to eat there that wasn't 100% fabulous! I started with a cup of the Vegetable Beef soup that was mouthwatering, my Mom and I split a Chicken Pie that is to die for and then - the perfect end - Banoffee Pie! 

If you've never had Banoffee Pie - well I feel it is my duty to tell you that you're absolutely missing out. I don't even love bananas that much but this stuff is to die for and it makes me want to lick the ramekin when I finish. I don't - because I was raised to have some manners - but there you have it.

Image may contain: Natalie Summerlin, food and closeup

The above is not Banoffee Pie - but Peach Cobbler - they're very different things. Saturday morning after coffee and exercise, my Mom and I made our way to a local farmer's market for their Peach Festival. There was delicious barbecue, live music and of course - all things peach related! Without thinking, I somehow ended up matching my headband to the peach cobbler and both were lovely! 

Image may contain: plant, sky, tree, outdoor and nature Image may contain: Natalie Summerlin, smiling, food and outdoor

I perused the apple orchard - apple picking season is almost upon us and I see that as a sign that Autumn is right around the corner. Does anyone else get the feeling I am really looking forward to Autumn - because I definitely am. 

After a pop into the mall, I spent a large chunk of the afternoon outside on the deck reading and talking to my dog... ha-ha! Around 5:45 my Mom and I ordered sandwiches from McAlister's, loaded up the pup and popped in to pick up our orders before heading into the National Park to watch the sunset. I took an absurd amount of pictures - but then - the sunset can be absurdly beautiful, so there you have it.

Image may contain: sky, nature and outdoor Image may contain: sky, dog, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, tree, dog, sunglasses, outdoor and nature Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, tree, dog, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, twilight, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, mountain, twilight, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: dog, sky, outdoor and nature Image may contain: Natalie Summerlin, smiling, standing, mountain, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: twilight, sky, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: Natalie Summerlin, smiling, sitting, grass, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, twilight, nature and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, twilight, nature and outdoor

See - as promised - an absurd amount of stunning pictures. You're welcome! Sunday was the usual: church, a bit of lunch and then a quick stop at the grocery store for the things needed for the week ahead. I once again spent a good bit of time reading out on the back deck and then we loaded up the pup and went over to the Arboretum to read a bit more in the nature...

We also popped over to Long Branch - a place we used to attend book club but don't get to go to any more. The house is beautiful and filled with history and I miss getting the chance to roam it's hallways at my leisure. Of course - I snapped more pictures! 

Image may contain: plant, tree, house, flower, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, sky, house, outdoor and nature Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: mountain, sky, grass, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, plant, house, sky, outdoor and nature

Once the afternoon was all said and done, I went home and made some creamy vegetable soup for supper... took a lovely bubble bath and guess what - I read some more! It was such a gorgeous weekend but now my phone tells me it's almost 90+ degrees outside and I am just not interested. I'm looking forward to cooler weather ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment