Monday, February 3, 2020

Painting... and some more painting....

The first weekend of February was a pretty busy one - by my own doing - but there it is. Friday night included a trip to Lowe's to buy paint, dinner at Red Robin and then home to move furniture away from the walls and watch multiple episodes of Samantha Brown's Places to Love. It's not a glamorous life, but someone has to live it - right?

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=13l6Zk6GI2e4vksIlKpZxoY5BVzaslimK

Saturday morning after coffee and oatmeal, I found the energy to up my elliptical time to forty minutes before getting myself pulled together for a drive to the Ashburn area for lunch and to drop my Mom off at Dulles. Please see above the picture I took of myself to send to my younger sister - I don't even know. 

We had lunch at the Wicket Door Pub in Ashburn (it's across the way from Top Golf - it's on one side of 7 and Top Golf is on the other...) and y'all - that food was so delicious! It hasn't been open very long but I'd more than gladly return. I had a bowl of the White Chicken Chili and it was absolutely to die for - I could have just eaten two bowls of it, ha-ha! I split a Pulled Pork Baked Potato with my Mom and that was also insanely tasty. So - check that place out if you're in the Ashburn area!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1quRhmOax6XO4hO8V2I10gXr6Ydt4loy-

After dropping my Mom at the airport - it was back to the house and time to start painting. It took about three hours to get a good 60% of the job done and then I spent the rest of the evening having dinner, taking a much needed bath and catching up on some television shows. I ended up sleeping in the guest room because the smell of paint was a little too much and I didn't want to wake up on Sunday with a headache. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1zT4IeK-QSVzU1Ylw8X2TuL92yrXKvkNR

Please note - the pup will always manage to find the bed in the midst of the chaos.... and he will never turn down a chance to beg for bites.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Z4XE1DueNv587YAcUo3x1ltvVetaxLEm

I didn't sleep great in the guest room - not because it's not a great guest room, it's just not my room - and was up before 7:45 on Sunday morning. Blah! After coffee and getting ready in the chaos that was my bedroom, it was off to church, lunch at Chili's and a quick stop at Wal-Mart to get supplies for the week! 

Once I got home, I changed clothes and walked the dog - and then spent the rest of the afternoon painting, rearranging furniture into it's new locations, vacuuming and dusting everything and arranging things just so. Whoosh! I'd have never gotten it all finished without my Dad's help - he was epic!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vEqvdseQ1V90vs6R-tciTn6476i2Sg7K

Once I'd finally finished all that - I took a much needed bath, had a little supper, watched a wee bit of the Super Bowl and then crawled into bed. What a weekend. My room is still not 100% - I have to hang things on the walls but for the most part - it's pretty much a completed project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment