Friday, February 21, 2020

Five on Friday

It's Friday once more - and thankfully this work week has seemed rather quick - which may be because it was just a four day work week! I don't have too much planned for this weekend...but the one thing I do have planned... well - you'll see.


One. Opening Day is Set - Opening Day at Nationals Park is on April 2nd (also my Dad's birthday) and we have our tickets! I am so excited I could squeal... maybe I did squeal when I found out we had tickets, ha-ha! The Nationals have spread out the championship goodness for the first week of April games but we will get to see the unveiling of the championship banner on Opening Day!

Image result for washington nationals world series

Plus - having attended Opening Day last year for the first time - I kind of want it to be a tradition that I can continue for years to come... hopefully one day with my spouse and then a kid (or two)...

Two. All the Deals - Loft has been having some really spectacular sales this week and I have taken advantage of that! Granted, I know that the Winter weather is going to be on the way out soon - but I couldn't resist the swingy blue and white sweater and the gray heart-patterned sweater with puffed sleeves! And the gray sweatshirt with lace detailing is perfect for dressing up a pair of jeans - you can get away with wearing a sweatshirt and still look "fancy".

Stripe Textured Poncho Sweater Bobble Heart Sweater Lace Shoulder Sweatshirt

Do y'all have a favorite store? I think Loft has become one of my very favorites in the past month and I just cannot resist a good sale. 

Three. Speed Dating - This is the thing y'all. The one thing on my agenda this weekend and to say it makes me feel a little bit anxious would be like saying there's water in the ocean! *face palm* My church is hosting this event and I'm thrilled for the opportunity to meet some other single people but my somewhat shy self (my friends have adamantly informed me that I am NOT an introvert, so shy it is...) is also freaking out a little bit inside...


Image result for speed dating meme

I'm sure when all is said and done, I'll look back on the whole thing with a smile - and maybe more - who knows? But for now, if you're the praying kind and you read this - feel free to offer up a word of calm for me. Or just good vibes! 

Four. A Little Tax Treat - I think I've established my love for Game of Thrones and when I got my tax return, while most of it went towards savings and my tithe... I did get myself a little something! Well - it actually ended up being a lot larger than I thought but still, you get my drift!


Image result for game of thrones collector's edition box

I purchased the Game of Thrones Collector's Edition Set and it arrived last week - it's absolutely beautiful! It's all housed in a wood box with a Hand of the King pin that closes the box. The discs are stored in pull out "sleeves" that have some of the art work done by Robert Ball throughout the eight seasons of Game of Thrones and on the back of the box it has the classic line - When You Play the Game of Thrones, You Win or You Die."

Five. Books - Another thing I love so very much is books! I can't get enough and I recently ordered a few on Amazon to read in the coming months! I got: Miracles & Other Reasonable Things by Sarah Bessey, The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern and The Wondering Years by Knox McCoy! I also pre-ordered On The Bright Side by Melanie Shankle - so I have plenty to read in the next few weeks!

Image result for the song of achilles Image result for the starless sea Image result for on the bright side book

If you're wondering what inspired those choices - I've heard so many excellent things about Miracles... and I read Madeline Miller's other book; Circe, last Fall. I enjoy Greek Mythology and her stories are set in that world. I just read the description of Starless Sea and thought it sounded fabulous and the final two are both authored by people who host podcasts I've listened to for years!

*********************************************

It's the second to last weekend in February - technically the last full weekend in February - and who knows what excitement the weekend could hold? I'm going to do my best to enjoy every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment