Monday, February 24, 2020

Monday - Once More

It's Monday again... and as always, I feel like the weekend flew by! It was a good weekend; so even though it flew by, it was a lovely experience as it was happening! My Valentine's Day blooms are still going strong - which has left the co-worker who gifted them to me absolutely shocked - she was sure they'd be dead within 48 hours! 

Friday when I got home I had a rather intense headache (that I'd been battling on and off all day long) but after some meds and lying on the couch a wee bit, I began to feel revived! I joined my parents for dinner at Houlihan's and since I didn't want to go completely off the rails as far as Weight Watchers is concerned but I also wanted to eat decently - I had Chicken Tortilla Soup for a starter... and then had Tomato Soup for my meal! I know - what a weirdo, right? We popped over to Target and I actually managed to leave having made ZERO purchases! Who says miracles don't happen in this day and age?

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1R37jB8QT6wmDaPeKA_pqBb16cTAmsoRO

Saturday was a pretty lovely day - the weather was nice and the sun was out all day long! I ended up getting really into my exercise and stayed on the elliptical for longer than I'd planned but it felt good when I got off, ha-ha! After showering and having a quick lunch, I spent a good chunk of the afternoon on the back deck working on my Beth Moore study and just soaking up the sunshine!

I got myself put together for the Speed Dating and honestly y'all - I was pretty proud of myself because I am always so nervous about social events but I just hopped in my car, headed over to the church and went for it! It actually went really well and wasn't hard at all to just start chatting with total strangers - I almost felt like an extrovert, ha-ha! I feel like it went well and all I'll say for now is that we shall see what happens....

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1K40jXYn7ByGdmrSDzW2IQ99NQperjZvn
This dog - sits on the couch like he's a human.

Sunday morning is when I do my weigh in for Weight Watchers and y'all - I am down twenty-one pounds since I started back at the beginning of the year! I am just really loving my accomplishments with it so far - and so I plan to just keep on going! It's nice to be feeling healthier and it's especially nice to see my clothes getting baggier! 

Sunday was another gorgeous day and the temperatures got up to almost 60, so after church, lunch and grabbing some groceries for the week - I loaded up my pup and headed to check out the Strasburg River Walk! I've lived in the area for almost six years and haven't ever been to check this walking path out... although I do remember watching fireworks in the park with my family before I moved from Mississippi to Virginia...

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1aW3tXaz1HTFerIhfawIyabeTxxm_zKBZ

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1KUSlRLMzPBrbD2mu63ZZtjDRmJaoULWM

My pup may be getting older but he is always up for adventure and he was so happy to be hopping around in nature - he loves anything and everything outside! Of course, within 10 minutes of setting out his retractable leash decided to give up on life and I had to do 1.75 of the 2 miles with the leash wrapped around my hand. *sigh* We survived though!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1FIuRtob5Sii4DSqtja9reRvVCg87vWpG

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16C4NCViOdwMSEb45ilRTEUZglhTKqbkE

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Z3Xnfy44p8lfz5dtTm1-E8FqWvTlzVNe

The Winter has been so mild and honestly - this California born and Mississippi raised girl isn't minding that so much! I am more than looking forward to Spring and I mentioned to my Dad that he and I needed to introduce my Mom to the Stony Man hike in the National Park - she wasn't with us when we originally did it and the views are spectacular! Sounds like an outing for a Spring day to me!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1xeiSigXWDmhmK4zbOAt_UqvypotUzI6O

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1f9-LSg3_GNH0LqsXg7tSMQ7Vd5V9UOTC

I rounded out the weekend with a quick supper, watching the newest episode of Outlander and taking my Sunday evening bubble bath! I started watching the show The Stranger on Netflix and ended up watching the second episode of that after getting my clothes and general "life stuff" together for the week ahead and then I spent some time reading before going to sleep!

I cannot believe this is the last week of February! I know some of my friends mentioned January seemed to last forever and while it didn't seem quite so long to me, I know that February has absolutely flown by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment