Monday, February 10, 2020

I Confess...

I confess - this post is 80% pictures of my dog. I spent a lot of the weekend with my dog, so that's likely why most of this post is of my dog. Honestly, after last week - all I needed was a weekend with not a lot going on and that's exactly what this past weekend was. So - thank goodness for that.

Friday night I joined my Dad for dinner at our favorite Mexican spot and since I had free cheese dip - I indulged a bit in that. I've been doing Weight Watchers for almost six weeks now and let me tell you, cheese dip isn't necessarily "point friendly" but it was delicious. We made a quick pit stop at Wal-Mart for essentials, I finished the final season of The Man in the High Castle and I ended up going to be early - which I found to be perfectly lovely.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Dapg7LwMXUzmk4NwDf_t_vYu1lFKaK6Z

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1_W10fj4-UJSGkvQftqfcjEPwF8fT9zhJ

Saturday was just a completely relaxed day - I slept in, had coffee, exercised, talked on the phone with family, did some house cleaning, worked on the Bible study I'm doing with my church group, watched a little TV, did some reading, cooked some chili for dinner and ended up watching some XFL. It was essentially a whole lot of doing little things here and there - but again - it was just nice to have the freedom to decide that if I wanted to sit on the couch for an hour and read... I could do that.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1H5gYYq_WkTScjJimYlh6vRGwrfxhZb1t

My parents got their new furniture delivered and Watson took to the new furniture immediately. He fell in love with it and proceeded to crawl up on the couch beside me to watch some XFL on Saturdya night. The chili I made had ground turkey instead of beef - because it's healthier - and honestly, it was just so delicious. My Dad and I polished it off and so sadly, there were no leftover to have another day. *sigh*

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1t2jUkmZfCn4hvr1eGCch32WNMY_l6Ew7

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1nEW3ru2OxiDgjKpYDQdgx48MfdFSEecM

Sunday morning was coffee, church and then lunch at Applebee's - and after a little bit of an afternoon respite to read and work on Bible study, it was back to church again for a bit to attend the annual Vision meeting. I popped into Martin's on the way home to grab a few grocery items, got in some exercise and had dinner before watching multiple episodes of Home Town.

It was a really chill weekend and I needed that this past weekend. The Nationals released their schedule earlier today and I've already got a list of games to attend and once Spring arrives, the weekends will likely be filled with things - so these Winter weekends where there isn't much to do, I'm okay with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment