Friday, February 28, 2020

Five on Friday


One. It's Snowing - The sun is out in full force today... and it's snowing like a fiend. Nothing is sticking to the ground but there are swirls of the white stuff twirling and spinning along on currents of air outside my office window. It's pretty to look at but I will confess, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't snow in a substantial way again this Winter... 

Two. This Dog - I 100% think he was mad at me when I took this picture. He's getting older and he's had some accidents here and there, so I've started putting him in diapers and I know he's so insulted by it all. But - it has to be done. 


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1y4_b0iZw7mqDJWPxl2b3edgyryR-Of7i

So when I snapped this picture it was mostly because 1) I was so tickled that he had flopped down in his bed and turned his back to me and 2) I could not get over that one foot stretched out of the bed. He's a mess and such a grumpy little old man! 

Three. Funnies - I haven't shared any funny memes in a while and I figured I would today because honestly - I don't have a whole lot else to share! I haven't seen the movie The Joker (I hear it's a LOT) but when I saw this picture, I cracked up. I also sent it to my friends and one replied with "that is SO you!" 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1n4nt9CvXEUgth86uqVEBpQ2EcuBqh_WP

The other meme is just so true that I can't help but crack up. I speak from experience on this one too - the only thing that trying to do things on your own understanding will get you is trouble! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1o0s8ufqFnaQpzN7J1DNRCBYtuwpBa1oU

I almost shared a meme about coronavirus that has been cracking me up all morning... but maybe I'll save that one for another day! 

Four. Weekend Things - I don't really have too much on the agenda tonight; I'll be eating out with my parents (as usual) and then it really just depends! I might try to continue watching The Stranger on Netflix - it's been pretty intriguing so far! Saturday I'm meeting... a new friend... for lunch and after that, we'll see...

Sunday - I am so excited because after church and lunch, I have a massage scheduled and I am absolutely looking forward to it! It's been way too long since I've had a massage and I cannot even wait to just be completely relaxed and chill. *sigh*

Five. Soup - I need my people to decide they like tomato soup because Carolina Charm has a recipe for Creamy Tomato Basil & Bacon Soup that I want to try SO BAD! Does that picture below not look amazing?!?


Alas - I don't think my people are too big on tomato soup, so I'm not sure when I'll be attempting to whip it up. Maybe when I have some time on my own one weekend? I'm sure it's divine and if you want to give it a whirl - the recipe is here - and it looks both easy and... as I said - delicious!

******************************************

That's all I've got for this week y'all. This weekend will usher in the month of March and I hope Spring is right around the corner because I am looking forward to warmer weather, flowers and time spent outside! Y'all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment