Tuesday, February 18, 2020

I Do Love a Long Weekend...

Tuesday already - how time does fly. Y'all, I definitely started this post on Tuesday and I just couldn't get into it. I also was so busy at work that I barely had time to look at anything else... So this post is a multi-day post, ha-ha!

Thank goodness for a long weekend - right? I think I already posted a picture of my flowers but I definitely loved getting some bright blooms on Friday and they are still going strong - there's a picture of them at the end of the post too! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1kUTkiaVEHc24Ha2zdseViSTfMzCjUrWm

My Friday/Valentine's Day wasn't really anything too special but that's alright. I ended up getting in some exercise, having carry-out from Mission BBQ for dinner (turkey & baked beans for the win!) and then settling onto my couch to watch the first episode of the fifth season of Outlander! I enjoyed some delicious macarons while I watched; a Valentine's Day gift from my younger sister, and I thoroughly enjoyed the newest episode all about my favorite Scot and his time-traveling wife!

It certainly wasn't the most glamorous or thrilling way to spend Valentine's Day - but there's always next year, right? 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1XcFoKPmfJkT0Dceyrmm0-mDEl1JN6Dj-

Saturday morning; try as I might, I couldn't really sleep very late. *sigh* I suppose it was for the best though because I was able to have coffee and breakfast, get my exercise in and get myself together before heading up the mountainside to spend the afternoon with my friend Katie and her growing family. She made some divine Broccoli and Cheddar Soup and I spent the afternoon catching up with her, eating good food and playing with trains, a miniature kitchen and Lightning McQueen - with the sweetest little boy that calls me "Aunt Natalie".

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1NeDEHYPbOki9ZdxdDaoz9DpswHklfgiBhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1u2z1-Iw98qz2jT0kVXb0rQCWCuIkQ-6w

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1zK2cKoZxmx6I_utrxQd7wexQnuFeUDRa

We also watched The Polar Express - because what else would you watch in mid-February? When you're two and a half, it doesn't matter that the movie you want to watch is a Christmas movie. Anything goes - especially when you have a cozy lap to sit in! The temperature on Saturday hovered around the mid-20's, so when I headed back down the mountain, I was more than glad to put on my warmest lounge clothes, eat some toasty dinner and curl up on my couch to finish the third season of The Good Place

Sunday was a really laid back day - I couldn't sleep in too late on Sunday either... blah. After coffee, I got myself put together and headed to church and then joined my parents for lunch. The rest of the afternoon was spent doing a whole lot of nothing... if I'm being honest. I ended up reading a bit, organizing and putting some things away, exercising and generally just being a bit lazy. I took a few longer walks with the pup because it was really beautiful outside on Sunday - almost 55 degrees and sunny - a drastic change from Saturday!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1SqwSA5LnxbE8IKGTRw9v0d9da-8orqB3

I did sleep in on Monday - you've got to love a three day weekend! I was so thrilled to get to sip my coffee with no real agenda... so much so that I decided to try out a Weight Watchers recipe for pancakes made with a banana and two eggs. They have no points and so that's where the motivation came from.. They were fine. I think next time I'd add some cinnamon and vanilla to maybe kick the flavor up a bit and I'll need some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray to add that little bit of "seasoning" to the finished product.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=10erBo8vLqEOyvc0dhWzbgOadG1_H5rSP

I decided to take advantage of the day off and convinced my Mum that we needed to go do a little shopping. We started at Loft - where everything was 40% off, so I grabbed an embellished sweatshirt and a seriously precious sweater! We popped into Talbot's where a majority of the store was 70% off and I ended up with a precious black hound-sooth dress that was originally $120 but with the sales - it was $27! It was also a size smaller than what I've been wearing - so that was also a major win!

We had lunch at Olive Garden and then I grabbed two really cute dresses that will pair well with leggings, tights and even bare legs once Spring comes - both were on sale for 50% off! I also got my friend a little something for her upcoming baby girl and then we popped into TJMaxx, where I picked up a Spring purse for just $16! Our final stop was Home Goods and like an old lady - I bought a memory foam back support for the car... ha-ha! Who am I?

Once we came home, I did some cleaning up in my little bathroom and kitchen, did some exercise and had dinner. After a shower, reading for about an hour and watching the newest episode of Home Town - the long weekend came to a close. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment