Friday, February 14, 2020

Five on Friday


One. Happy Valentine's Day - Well, this is traditionally not one of my favorite days on the calendar but that's alright... I suppose. I don't know if I'll ever be a huge fan of Valentine's Day but I'll get back to you on that one, ha-ha! I did get some really lovely flowers from a co-worker that have been brightening my desk all day and there's a gift with my name on it sitting on the coffee table at home.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1k_XkIvpQ28r59WGTVYDPefMO6k3dpISJ https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1QZcldsetZKe2gpFbTtLae00EwUDZPbSn

I don't really have any plans for Valentine's Day - but then again, what exactly does one do when they are perpetually single on Valentine's Day? I do believe I'll be watching the first episode of Season Five of Outlander while snuggled up on my couch. 

Two. Stitch Fix Updates - I am a diehard fan of Stitch Fix and they've recently made some updated that I really am loving! They've started a service called "Shopping" that puts together outfits with pieces you've already purchased and items that you can buy in their shop to complete the outfits they are suggesting. The new outfit recommendations are created each day!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1p4lZEqvRnadhuUWZMHK8kkvcZ4kBTBzp

I am really loving this feature because for most of the offerings, I usually own enough similar pieces that I can create the looks without having to purchase additional clothing items - and that's always a win! If you haven't ever tried Stitch Fix, I cannot recommend it enough - it is absolutely my favorite!

Three. Macarons - It's such a small thing but my younger sister sent me some macarons for Valentine's Day and I must say, I was absolutely thrilled! Not only are macarons one of my favorite little treats but on Weight Watchers - each macaron only has two points! I savored the first three yesterday - Pistachio, Chocolate and Blood Orange!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1IerMGxCsW0-XYkICsa1FMDlwTzbf4QfX

I'm looking forward to enjoying the other three tonight - and of course, I'm sure Watson will be lurking nearby when I decide to eat them! He was certainly hanging around when I opened them!

Four. Sunset Snapshots - The sunset last night was absolutely stunning! There was a cold front moving in and it made for some pretty vivid colors to spread themselves out along the horizon as the sun set!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GY5e7oMJpnl-FykO13G1bATUkEvPE2NW

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Tv0C4oRUmzSRP0SU-MSSvh6o6ydrajdB

I'm not a huge fan of Winter but I do think that somehow the sunsets are just a little more vivid when it's cold out. So I suppose that's a point in it's favor.

Five. Spring Training - The Nationals started Spring Training earlier this week with Pitchers and Catchers reporting on the 12th, so the unofficial season is off and running. The awkwardness is bound to be a thing since the Nationals share a training facility with the very team they beat in the World Series - the trash can banging, sign-stealing cheater Houston Astros.

MLB: Washington Nationals-Workouts

So far the Nationals haven't said too much about the incident - and why would they? They beat the Astros, won the World Series and have moved on to bigger and better things. I'd love to see the Astros actually apologize (because what they did yesterday was NOT that) but then again - if they never do - the Nationals won when it's all said and done. I'm so looking forward to warmer weather and baseball season!

**********************************************

Y'all - it's Friday and it's almost the start of a three day weekend! *cheers* I have some plans here and there this weekend but nothing much that's concrete. I'm thinking I might want to go see the movie Downhill because it looks pretty funny but otherwise - there's no telling what I'll get up to! I'm just so glad this week has been 100% better than last week!

Y'all have a good weekend!

1 comment: