Friday, January 31, 2020

Five on Friday


One. Gravity - After perusing paint samples, comparing swatches and sticking those swatches on my walls... I do believe I've found a clear winner! Valspar's Gravity - which I discovered is also one of Valspar's top ten best-selling colors! So, I suppose I'll be spending some time this weekend adding a little "gravity" to my room!

Image result for valspar gravity"

Two. Snag Tights - I have to share with you that I've found what may be the best tights in existence. Normally I hate wearing hosiery/tights... any of that stuff because it's a battle to get them on and they're just an annoyance all day long! However, I live in Northern Virginia and it's Winter - and I can't wear leggings all day, even if I want to. I read so many rave reviews that I finally bit the bullet and purchased my own and y'all - they are THE BEST. 

Image result for snag tights"

They come in a multitude of colors (I got black, raspberry pie and colonel mustard) and they are the most amazing pair of tights I've ever owned. They went on with ease, stayed in place all day without squishing my guts and best of all - they are so very comfortable. If you need tights - I cannot recommend Snag tights enough - they are perfection! *chef's kiss*

Three. Room Things - Speaking of paint colors... all my other small editions have arrived, so my room will be ready to go once I get that paint job done! I ordered two small lamps from Wayfair to use on my nightstands, they're small and perfect and best of all - they are touch to turn on! My curtains arrived a week earlier than anticipated and I'm especially excited about those because they're yellow and the backs are lined with room darkening panels - which will be nice since the neighbors always have bright lights on late into the night! 

Four. Contagion - Hopefully I'll look back on this later in the year and laugh but have y'all ever seen the movie Contagion? Whenever I think about the coronavirus that was just yesterday announced by the World Health Organization as a "medical emergency" - that's all I can think about. 

Image result for contagion"

If you've never watched Contagion - I'd definitely tell you to check it out. It's a really good movie! Although it might make you hesitant to touch anything... and might especially make the thought of the coronavirus a little more freaky!

Five. All the Feelings - A fellow blogger posted some personal thoughts about her life in a recent post and I'm always so in awe of her ability to share from her heart so freely. I am not someone who easily shares my emotions but when I read what she'd posted about starting the New Year and the fears she was feeling - it just struck me so completely because it's exactly what I feel - always.

I am scared to long for the life I've been longing for, scared to dream of what my heart and soul so desperately crave, scared to trust Him with ALL of it, scared to try, scared to keep being me, scared that I'm not enough, scared to hope..

I am trying my best to live this year with hope and allow myself to dream about things - because I usually keep those things pushed down and boxed up, because for me - hoping and dreaming have left me disappointed and heartbroken. Here's hoping this year might be different for me.

******************************************

Well ya'll - January is over! I know a lot of people talk about January lasting forever and usually I feel the same way but honestly, this month has seemed like it flew by! I cannot believe tomorrow is February 1st! 

No comments:

Post a Comment