Friday, June 28, 2013

Work Week Wrap-up

1. What part of the state do you call home?
I live in Collinsville – which is a one stop light town, literally.  Definitely one of those places where if you didn’t know what you did last weekend, someone else certainly did and they wouldn’t hesitate to tell your Momma about it.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging in 2010 – around October of that year. 
3. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging; I guess for no particular reason other than that I wanted to. I felt like maybe my life was about to get really exciting since I’d just graduated college and I wasn’t very good at writing in a journal, so blogging seemed a good alternative. I wouldn’t say my life has gotten that exciting – at least not what I thought it would be, but I’ve certainly documented it.
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Oh – anywhere but where I am now. I’d like to be married and have a child but I’ve learned the hard life lesson that I can plan my life until I’m blue in the face but what I plan makes no difference because God already has my plan.
I’m told that what God has planned for me will be far better than anything I could ever imagine and I’d certainly like to see that. I’d be lying if I said I could patiently wait to see what would happen; I feel like I’ve been waiting patiently for quite some time now and it gets harder with each passing day.
So – in five years? Who knows? I know what I’d like but we’ll see how that all turns out. Forgive the short rant.
5. If you could choose an actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why?
Ooh – Sandra Bullock. I love her in just about everything she’s ever been in. She’s hilarious but can also be dramatic when called on and certainly one of my favorite actresses.  Definitely Sandy.
6. Name 5 things on your Bucket List that you hope you’ll check off before you die?
1)Get Married  2)Have children  3)Travel extensively  4)See the Northern Lights  5)See the pyramids of Egypt
7. If you could be known for one thing, what would it be and why?
I want to be known as a good friend to the people in my life. I’ve been blessed with so many good friends myself and I hope that I am able to be as good a friend to them as they are to me.
8. Describe the best moment in your life.
I don’t know – maybe it hasn’t happened yet.
9. If you could “be” anything (no consequences, no fear), what would you “be”?
Could a valid answer be something along the lines of…Superman? I guess that would technically be Supergirl; I don’t want to be a man. Ha-ha, just kidding. Although that would be pretty cool. I think if I could “be” anything, I’d want to be worry-free for the rest of my life.
I am such a huge worry-wart; I over think and elaborate in my mind until I make myself sick. At the end of the day, I really need not worry at all because I know that God is going to handle things and I’m just along for the ride. I think not having any worries would be divine.
Maybe not the typical answer to this question – but there you have it.
10. What or who inspires you to blog?
I don’t know if any person inspires me to blog – I guess I just like to share anecdotes from what is going on around me. So I suppose my life in general inspires me to blog.
11. We’re headed to your neck of the woods… what restaurant would you recommend?
Oh man – I guess San Marcos. Almost everything in my neck of the woods is a chain restaurant and so that isn’t really so special or unique. I like eating at Chili’s but hey – you can eat at Chili’s almost anywhere in the 50 states. So maybe get some Mexican food at San Marcos.
12. What’s a southern tradition you and your family have?
Eating meals together as a family – at least we used to when we all lived together. I don’t know if that is a uniquely Southern thing but there you have it. I suppose Watson and I do that still; he sits as close to me as he can when I eat supper. Ha-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment