Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Finger-Lickin Chicken

This post will be short and sweet - kind of like my meal last night. It was quick, easy and delicious. I stumbled onto a recipe for bacon wrapped barbeque chicken tenders yesterday afternoon before I headed home for the day and I immediately decided that was what was going to be for supper.

As soon as I got off the treadmill, I immediately started cooking. The irony, right? I walked for 45 minutes and then cooked chicken wrapped in bacon and smothered in barbeque sauce. Oh well - whatever. I'm dedicated to my walking (even when the treadmill keeps trying to throw me into the floor - seriously) but I'm also not going to eat plain chicken and bland veggies every night. It just isn't happening. So - moving on..
Some chicken & bacon...in a pan...

Cooking it all - chicken, purple hull peas and mashed potatoes.

Adding some barbeque sauce to the mix.

I was pretty sure the pan would never be clean again - but at this point, the house smelled so good that I really didn't care.

Oh yes - delicious supper.

The bacon was meant to be wrapped around the tenders, but I couldn't find toothpicks to secure the bacon. I just laid it on/in the pan with it and it all cooked together with a good flavor. Once I got the barbeque sauce in there, with the bacon and the chicken and all the cooking juices....I may or may not have licked the fork I was cooking with about 3 times; it was covered in this bacon/barbeque-y goodness and I was hungry.

Bacon Wrapped Barbeque Chicken Tenders

-thawed boneless chicken tenders (I used 3)
-barbeque sauce of choice (Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbeque Sauce)
-2-3 slices of bacon
-SeasonAll
-shredded cheddar cheese

Wrap (or in my case, lay in the pan) the tenders with bacon and season with Season All. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, till tenders are cooked through. Cover each tender with a tbsp. of barbeque sauce, turning to fully cover. Cook on low for about 5 more minutes. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and plate.

See - it is just that easy. And it is really good. As evidenced by the picture below of my constant shadow begging for a bite of people supper. God love him - he's precious. I may have slipped him a little bite.
Please Mom - just one taste & I won't pitch a wild fit when  you bathe me.

1 comment:

  1. And he got a taste and he didn't pitch a fit when you bathed him!

    ReplyDelete