Saturday, June 29, 2013

Going Green

Oh my goodness - I'm losing it and jumping on the health nut bandwagon, courtesy of my friend Lisa. My lunch today was green and the most prominent ingredient was spinach! Who am I? The bag might have Popeye on it, but I didn't immediately feel the urge to duke it out with a villain, ha-ha.

Just thought I'd share some pictures of my experiment today and I'll even share my version of the recipe at the bottom; in case anyone else feels like going green! I was shockingly surprised to discover; just like Lisa said, you couldn't taste the spinach at all and it really tasted pretty good. I guess I won't have to find a home for my extra spinach after all!

I can honestly say this is the first time in my 28 years I've ever bought spinach - and I  certainly couldn't have predicted it would be to drink!

Ingredients - here goes nothing!

I mean - not exactly appetizing at this point...

Swirly, swirly....

It was certainly green. Not as green as I thought it would be, thank goodness.
Mean Green Smoothie

-1 cup fresh spinach
-1 tbsp (heaping) of Greek yogurt (I used vanilla)
-1 tbsp peanut butter
-3/4 cup skim milk
-1 banana

Throw all the ingredients in a blender, pulse until thoroughly mixed and then drink up!

1 comment:

  1. I love your new background!! i indeed like spinach but i can't quite wrap my mind around drinking it in a smoothie - but proud of you for trying!

    ReplyDelete