Friday, June 21, 2013

Seeing Color

Bedroom Overhaul 101 - maybe that's what I should have titled this post. I've had the same bedroom "theme" for 12 years now. Twelve! I got it into my head a couple weeks back that I needed to update my room and it needed to have some serious color. It's been tan, black and brown for far too long. I didn't know what I wanted but I knew I wanted color - and lots of it. So, when my Momma came to town and said we should go look for new bedroom stuff, I jumped at the chance and away we went - with Lindsey in tow for supervision and help making decisions. Ha-ha!
My room before the makeover - nice...but too dark.

I loved it...but I needed some change.

The trio searched high and low, through Belks, JC Penneys and Dillards. I found a pillow I really liked, but no bedding that really matched. I found a really cool pillow at Penney's...but the pillow alone was $40 and that just wasn't it. Everything in Dillards cost around...oh, $200+ or was really ugly. Lindsey had mentioned that there was a 50% off shelf but my Mom and I blazed right past it to look at other things, so Lindsey plopped down on a bed and proceeded to play on her phone. Right about the time I was going to admit defeat, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye - on the 50% off shelf. I pulled it out and waved my Mom over. At this point, Lindsey looked at us, hands on her hips and said "geez guys - I told you about the shelf right when we came in, but Nooooo. You wouldn't look!" I guess I should give Lindsey the credit for finding my new bed set. She saw it first. It was fluffy, bright and colorful - and on sale! Score!


Hello colorful!

Lindsey even found the throw pillows. Maybe she should get credit for the whole room?

So bright - I love all the color.

One the bed set had been purchased, I sought out accesories to make the room just right. We perused Wal Mart and Bed, Bath and Beyond to find the things that we needed. I even had some things already at my house  that I was able to incorporate into my new room, swapping things from one room to another and making everything work out for the best. All in all, I am really pleased with how it turned out and I am loving that my room has so much more color!


New lampshade on an old(ish) lamp. Yes - the shade is a little big for the teeny base, but I like it. It looks...unique!

Some prints on my wall above the bed - want to guess who found these? Hint - she found almost everything else.

I love it!

Some wall flowers from Bed, Bath & Beyond. They matched the bedding perfectly!

Just a little closer look.

Side by side pictures of the Tuscan countryside. Also matched the bedding!

New sitting area by the window with new sheers.

A Wal Mart find - so cute & perfect to sit on & put on shoes at the beginning of the day!

Already had this table - just moved it from the living room to my room!

Again - love it!

The completed room looking from the head of the bed to the windows.

The room looking from the windows to the door!

Last but not least, since I moved out all the animal print stuff, I took the little tiger striped chaise lounge from my bedroom and moved it to the living room. I wasn't sure it would work out, but I actually think I like it. I've been trying to convince Watson that it can be his very own couch where he can lay and look out the window. So far, he's not buying it. When it was in my room, he got on it all the time. Now that it's in the living room, he's having none of it. Silly dog.


I think it looks pretty good.

And - that's all for now. I'm loving my new room(s) and I hope you enjoyed seeing it. It's almost the weekend - so close I can taste it and I'm going to sleep late in my new, colorful bed!

1 comment: