Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Week and Then Some....

Time flies when you're having fun and so this past week, weekend and beginning of this week (because I'm somewhat behind) passed pretty quickly. Thursday - Monday passed very quickly, I'm sure because my family was in town and so time couldn't possibly slow down for just a little while and give me anything extra; it sped along at a breakneck speed and we just had to cram in as much as we could in the time we had - kind of like life in general. You only get so much time, so you better get to seeing and doing what you can!

Let me start back at the beginning of last week - and this post is picture heavy!
My wobbly look behind me on the treadmill on Monday afternoon - I may be walking my butt off, but someone else is not interested.

I may have mentioned this before, but when I walk on the treadmill my dog stares at me like I'm absolutely insane. Which I think is pretty funny because I'm guessing he's probably thinking that I keep walking and walking and I'm not going anywhere. Which - true, but my fat is going somewhere. We went shopping this weekend and I was able to get two dresses in a size smaller than the last time I shopped. I've still got a long uphill journey, but it is slowly and surely starting to pay off. So Watson can keep looking at me like I'm crazy, it doesn't bother me in the least.


A sweet seashell from Tanner and a big ol bag of Sour Patch kids - maybe someone at work likes me.

This little bum on Wednesday morning. He was not going to get up for anything.

My parents were already due to come into town for the weekend but some unforeseen illness on the part of my Grandpa (bless his heart) they decided that they'd come a little bit earlier. Lord knows I was not happy to see my Grandpa sick - I visited with him in the hospital on Tuesday and it just about broke my heart. I sent out lots of requests for prayer for my Grandpa and since prayer is powerful, he continued to get better and while at the beginning of the week, they were thinking surgery would be the best solution, he is now at home and doing much better. If you're reading this, you can continue to lift him up - everyone always needs a little bit of prayer.

My family arrived on Thursday and I was ever so glad to see them. I hadn't seen my parents since March - which some of you may be thinking is no big deal, but for this girl it totally is! I saw Lindsey just about a month ago, but I'm always happy to see my sweet little sister. The best part of having my family in town? My Momma cooked supper!! More than once!! I have missed my Momma's good cooking!
I got off the treadmill Thursday and this was happening in my kitchen. Marvelous!

Ah yes - Momma cooking. Hamburger steaks, mashed potatoes and green beans!

My Dad just couldn't handle staying awake on Thursday night - bless him.

Friday I had secured my freedom from work at 1, so my family had some delicious San Marcos for lunch (our favorite Mexican spot here in Meridian) and then we parted ways - Dad to visit his Dad and do some car related work; Mom took Lindsey and I - shopping! What a shocker, right? The big purchase of the day was a new bed set for me; I'd gotten a little tired of animal print after 12 years. I'll post on that another day because I have lots of pictures to share. We had a good time and headed home in time to have supper with my Mom's side of the family and visit with David.


These shoes - wow. Lindsey and I had to try them out, while my Mom kept saying "don't break your necks!!"
Oh yeah - Sonic. Lemon Creme Slush. It was to die for.

Supper at Nanny's - so delicious! She knows how to cook for sure!

Watson wanted to know where heis seat at the kid's table was...



My Uncle Neil & Watson practiced their dance skills in the kitchen.

Cousin picture - minus two.

Lindsey making some priceless faces while she bonds with Watson...

Saturday was pretty busy to say the least. We were all over the place, eating breakfast, getting pedicures and making a Wal Mart run before heading to Jackson for a wedding and then turning around and coming home again. Whew! I'm exhausted just thinking about all of it. If I wrote in detail about it all, you'd be exhausted too!


I knew I'd need a lot of coffee to make it through Saturday. So, I fueled up with some cinnamon roll flavored coffee!

This nut - her massage chair was going so strong she was bouncing...

The process of a pedicure. Love it.

Lindsey stuck her little green foot in my face and wanted a picture. Well okay.

Lindsey did a number on my hair...good gracious. I didn't have to mess with it at all for the rest of the day.

At my suggestion; even though I've never eaten there, we ate at Babalu's. Which I thought was great. I thoroughly enjoyed all the food and especially liked the guacamole that was made at the table. I'd go back in a heartbeat to try out some of the other things on their menu. I had the special for the day, which was chicken enchiladas with a special cheese sauce - and it was GOOD. I tasted my sister's burger and it was also really good, as was my Mom's meal and the sides we got - black beans and rice and some Mexican street corn. Delicious. Loved it all. I want to go back in the near future.
Guacamole made at the table - it was delicous. So delicous.

So much good food at our table. Nom Nom Nom!

Yes - Lindsey bought herself & me a drink. Mine was pretty good - a little heavy on the gin, but fine.

The wedding we went to was for a classmate of Lindsey's from high school, Joel. Of course, Joel and his family mean much more to us than that - Joel's mom Hope and my mom have been friends for years now and since my family moved, Hope has been a dear friend to me as well. Our families have always gotten along well and so we were so excited to be invited to witness Joel's special day. It was perfect - so fitting for Joel and his new wife Casey and everything about it was just a splendid fit to their personalities.


Just a little look at the decorations.

Pictures of Joel & Casey in coffee mugs - the wedding was at a coffee house!

My crazy tribal print dress. Nice.

Looking out the window of the coffee house before the wedding started.

I promise Lindsey isn't naked - she had on a strapless dress.

Joel spies his bride for the first time - so sweet.

Exchanging rings.

A heck of a first kiss as husband and wife - nice!

We were given the ever important job of guarding the groom's sandwich so he'd have some food for later...

Reception eats - they were delicious!

These two cutting a rug salsa style...

Lanterns lining the walkway when it was time to go!

Sunday was - Father's Day, of course! This year I actually got to spend Father's Day with my Father! There is a whole post dedicated to all that and to my wonderful Dad. As with most every day that my family was here, we were all over the place but at least we were all over the place together!


I'd heard stories about this ice cream - and when I found it in pint size, I decided to give in & try it.

I was NOT disappointed. It is delicious.

The father with his gift on Father's Day. Look at that cheesy smile!

Watson, caught in the act of begging for food from anyone that would be kind enough to share.

Monday came much to quickly and I had to go to work (sigh) while my family visited and poked around for the day. They were nice enough to come get me for lunch at Deli on 5th and my Momma cooked another wonderful supper once I got home. We visited with some friends again that evening and then...much too soon, it was time for bed and the fun had ended.


Dessert at Deli on 5th - I love lemon squares!

Yummy supper, courtesy of Momma!

Lindsey got to meet Micah for the first time - love at first sight, I'm certain - because well, Micah is awesome.

Spending time with my buddy Micah!

We were having an important conversation.

I have the magic touch - I soothed him right to sleep!

Well - I guess that's all she wrote for now. Tuesday is halfway through, my family is on their way back to Virginia (so sad) and Watson and I will be reverting back to business as usual tonight: walking on the treadmill, cooking my own supper and catching up on the True Blood season six premiere (oh, I hope and pray it isn't completely insane). I hope you all are having a good week so far and I hope it continues in that fashion - which I hope for me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment