Monday, June 3, 2013

And It All Starts Over

I'm pretty sure this post is going to be short and sweet. Last week seemed crazy long, even though I had Monday off for Memorial Day. I feel like very little happened last week - the lull of early Summer and whatnot. I stayed busy here and there but mostly doing just random things here and there. I did some DIY over the weekend, which I dedicated an entire post to. You can read that here - but, onward...

Watson started our week with a bang - a pukey bang.
Watson is rotten - if you've not gathered that from reading this blog then I blame your elementary teachers for giving you terribly poor reading comprehension skills. Ha-ha, I'm kidding. I think... Anyway, Watson gave me a lovely surprise on Sunday night; I was sitting in my chair watching Behind the Candelabra (HBO movie about Liberace - in a word: Weird) and he sidled into the middle of the rug, coughed a few times and then threw up in a spectacular fashion. I went into spastic cleaning mode, flinging paper towels, scooping puppy puke and spraying OxiClean like a mad woman, all while Watson sat at the edge of the rug hanging his head, bless his heart. Blessedly everything came out of the rug but the next morning, we had to visit my Grandma and issue and ultimatum.

No more people food! You see - I will sometimes give him a bite or two here or there but my Grandma gives Watson his own portions of people food when she cooks. Having bacon and biscuits for breakfast? She'll be sure he has his own bacon biscuit in his bowl. Pork, mashed potatoes and green beans? She can fill his bowl with his own little meal. So, I had to put the brakes on that practice. Not that I haven't tried before, but this time I was able to tell her that he'd been sick and so it had to be stopped. So far as I can tell, she has listened and we have had a vomit-free week. Which is how I like my life to be; the less vomit, the better things are.

Memorial Day food - yummy!

One will end & the other will pick up.
I spent my Memorial Day weekend, in part, having a True Blood marathon. Game of Thrones ends on June 9th (oh, I'm not ready...I need more time in Westeros) and True Blood picks up the very next week. Both are shows that HBO has adapted from book series, both are books series that I have read. The difference? At this point True Blood has become more of a guilty pleasure than anything else. Game of Thrones is excellent because the book series it is based on is excellent and the show runners have only made minor variations here and there - if you start with excellence and stick to it, you're probably going to maintain a pretty amazing show. Not to mention, the actors just nail their parts. True Blood is more a guilty pleasure because the show runners seem to have decided that since it is fantasy they are going to make it as outlandish and insane as possible. Vampires? Werewolves? Fairies? Shifters? Sure - let's just make the whole show absolutely nuts. It was really good the first two seasons - and the reasoning (I think) is that they stayed pretty close to the books that the show is based on. Now though? They have just veered so far off course that I don't know if you could ever get back - and I think it's to the detriment of the show because it is just CRAZY. And that's saying a lot because I can suspend reality to a pretty extreme extent. Am I excited to see it come back on? Sure. But I'm apprehensive because last season was just....crazy. And I'm not sure if they can pull back and make this season less so; if they even want to. That being said, I'll be watching because I do want to see the eventual conclusion of all this crazy but I'll be pining for March of next year when we can get back to Westeros and the superior level of fantasy. Okay - done ranting now.

Very upset that I will not be spending the entire week off to play with him. I feel you buddy.

Walking/exercise - I'm starting to get into it. 
Lord knows, I'm not saying I'm becoming a workout fanatic but since all my TV shows have gone off for the Summer there is literally nothing to do when I get home at the end of the day but cook supper. So I have started walking and walking and walking. Most of the time I actually enjoy it and with each 5 minute span that passes, I think to myself "nothing else to do...might as well go 5 more minutes". And so I do. And so we shall see what happens...

This has no relevance to anything in my life except that I bet I have enough books to create something like this...

Wednesday afternoon flood.

This dog tickles me to no end...he gets so thrilled once the rain has passed...

Because that means he can go get in the chair & lick up all the rain water...

Wednesday night goodness for supper.

I could not sleep on Wednesday night - thus, 4 cups of coffee on Thursday. 4.

Still working pretty hard at the begging...

When just begging didn't work - he began to cry. I'm not playing y'all, he is hardcore.

Friday lunches are the best - because it is Friday.

CHERRIES!
I stopped at Wal Mart on Friday night to get some paint supplies for my DIY project and stumbled past cherries on the produce aisle. And I went nuts. I've been craving cherries for months and even though they cost $8 a bag (seriously y'all - $8!) I didn't even care. I bought them, ran to my car in the rain and proceeded to eat some as I drove down the road for home. Hallelujah!

Laser eyes laying in his bed....

He even tried begging for some cherries - which, I totally understand.

BBQ Pulled Pork pizza for supper on Friday night! Yum!
It came a wee bit of a storm on Saturday night and Watson and I had to keep vigil for a little while. I'm kind of a weenie about bad weather anyway (although not nearly as much a weenie as I once was) but all these storms in Oklahoma and Kansas have just made me paranoid. The wind picks up, the clouds churn and so does my stomach. The storm passed by in about 30 minutes but I guess Watson didn't sleep well the rest of the night because he wouldn't budge from his bed on Sunday morning and spent a majority of the afternoon napping. What a lazy bum!

Hiding his face in his covers - letting me know I can leave him in the bed cause he is not moving.

I discovered the cool way I can take notes in my Bible on my tablet. Nice!

Southern Living Christmas 2013 book - cue the mouth watering...

Relaxing in the Sunday afternoon sun.
Oh Game of Thrones. I've read all the books (so far; there are still 2 more forthcoming - start writing George R.R. Martin!!!) and so that means I pretty much know what is coming as far as the show goes. One might think it would make things anti-climactic but there is something to be said for watching incredible actors bring to life scenes you've only seen on page before. Last night was no exception and though I knew exactly how the episode was going to climax, I was still left clutching my Kleenex to my tear-soaked cheeks and sobbing like a lunatic as the credits rolled - in silence. There wasn't even any music at the end; the viewer was just left to face the grim tragedy they'd witnessed and process it all in complete silence. Well done writers. I can't wait to see how next week's season finale plays out after this week's excellent (though heart-wrenching) episode. And then it all starts over - waiting for season 4.

Emotions on overdrive - thanks Game of Thrones. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment