Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Getting to Know You....

Ha-ha, as the blogger that I borrowed this from said, now you're singing the song, right? I confess that I don't think I've even watched all of My Fair Lady, ever. If I have, I don't guess I remember it very well. I think I like Roman Holiday better than My Fair Lady - if you're asking me. Which you're not, right? Oh well.

I borrowed this idea from a blog I love to frequent called The Sowell Life. I changed mine up a little bit; I answered her original questions as well as the 12 questions she came up with for other people to answer. Go check out her blog though - I know you'll love it. Hopefully just as much as you love mine!

1. What was your inspiration for your blog name?Let's see, I guess I named my blog Life As I Know It because this is my view on things. The blog is about my life and the people in it; we all have our own views of life and the things I talk about on my blog make up my life, as I know it.

2. Apples or oranges?
Apples, although I'm really not a fan of either. While you might catch me eating an apple from time to time, I don't make a habit of eating oranges. Which is weird because I love citrus/orange flavored things more than apple flavored things. Weird, right?


3. What's your gulity pleasure t.v. show?
I watch a lot of shows but the one I'd say is a guilty pleasure is probably True Blood. I say that because the storylines have just gotten so completely out there, crazy, totally nuts but I still want to know how it all turns out. Plus, I'm a single 28 year old girl. I need a good dose of Alexander Skarsgard and Joe Manginello each week; for the 12 weeks I can get it. Ha-ha.



There is nothing wrong with this picture. Nothing at all. For the record, I prefer the blond on the left.

4. If you have one last meal, what would it be?
I don't know. Too many things come to mind - some really good homemade mac & cheese would be involved. Maybe my Momma's hamburger steak. BBQ. I don't know y'all. I like to cook and I like to eat so this would have to be answered in the heat of the moment.

5. What's your first blog you want to read during the day?
I don't guess I have a specific blog I jump to first. Two of my favorites are
Texas Tales and Enjoying the Small Things, so I'm always looking to see if they've been updated. My friend Lisa also has a blog called Grits & Griddles that is pretty great.

6. Northern or Southern?
Southern - I wasn't born here, but my family is from the South, I've lived in the South for most of my life and while I'm making a dogged effort to get further North, when I do get North I'll still technically be in the South. Ha-ha! That was a mouthful, huh?

7. You have to leave your home immediately - what are three items you must have?
iPhone, my Purse and a book. I try to always have a book.

8. When you get angry about something, do you hold it in or let it show?
I guess I show it. I keep thinking that I do a pretty good job of holding it in but depending on the situation, I think you can probably tell because its written all over my face. I need to work on my poker face.

9. If you could have dinner with any of the Presidents (passed or living), Who would it be and why?
Abraham Lincoln - mostly because I've just always been pretty fascinated with his presidency and I feel like I've visited so many sights from his presidency. He was a man of little means who made something of himself and used his knowledge of the "little man" to make our nation one that was better for all men. Pretty impressive.

10. What was your favorite childhood memory?
I can't pick just one. I am blessed with a multitude of childhood memories and each one is more wonderful than the one that came before it. One of my favorite types of memories is of the vacations we took when I was growing up. I remember the planning phase; mapping out what we were going to do and counting down the days till it was time. The actual trips themselves are always highlights of a childhood that was as close to perfect as it can get.


I've seen...32 of the 50, if I remember correctly.

Now is a change - I've already answered the questions that Joy answered on her blog but I'm also going to answer the questions she put out for someone else to answer. And on top of that, I want Lisa to answer these questions too!

Lisa is a sweet friend that I met while I was attending USM. You know how adults tell you that you'll make the best friends of your life in college? The people that will be your friends for years to come; your really, truly best friends? Lisa is one of those people. I didn't know her for the first 22+ years of my life but I feel pretty confident I'll know (and love her) for the rest of my life. And I feel confident you'll love her blog if you go check it out!

So...here we go again!

1. Out of the 24 hours in a day, what is your favorite time on the clock and why?
I really like 5:30. During the week, that is when I get home from work and there is something so nice about settling in at home, walking on the treadmill to destress and sorting out what I want for supper. It's just nice knowing that the evening spreads before me in all its glory.

2. What is your favorite magazine to get in the mail or buy in the store?
Entertainment Weekly

3. Twitter or Facebook?
Facebook - for now.

4. What's your best memory of high school?
All of my best memories from high school revolve around any time spent with my best friend, Nickolee. So, there are a lot of them - enough to fill multiple posts.

5. What's your go to website for shopping?
Amazon! I'm addictted like it's a drug.

6. A blogger who inspires you?
Kelle Hampton from Enjoying the Small Things. Just reading her blog will make that pretty easy to understand; shes a wife and Mom to three sweet kids and her outlook on living life is both refreshing and inspiring.

7. Who is your celebrity crush?
Too many to choose - although right now I've got Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as my phone background. I've said it once, I'll say it again. I like Scandinavian men. I also seem really into blonds.


I mean - yes please.

8. What's a book you'd recommend to read?
It's more a series of books - I'd reccommend the series A Song of Ice and Fire. You'll need to start with book one though; called....A Game of Thrones.

9. A favorite recipe you love to make?
Homemade Macaroni & Cheese!

10. Your favorite app on your phone?
Buzz Feed. Ever been to that website? It's addictive. The app is too. I peruse it at least once or twice a day.

11. You've got an afternoon kid free and job free, what would you do?
My afternoons are always kid free, ha-ha. I'd probably just chill out. Read a book. Take a nap.

12. The restaurant you always crave?
I really like Chili's. Not sure why because it's not exactly extravagant or amazing, but I'm a huge fan.

And there you have it. So - go check out Lisa's blog and see what she said. I linked it at near the top of this post and I guarantee you'll get a kick out of this chick. See there - I made a rhyme. Hope you're having a splendid Tuesday afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely and I will check out Lisa's blog - cause I really like Lisa too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ginger - I miss you and Fred - er - Jeffrey! ;) I like yall too! :)

    ReplyDelete