Monday, June 10, 2013

.....I Can't Think of a Title.....

Another week has come and gone - parts were good and if I'm being honest, parts of it were really rough. I don't like wishing my life away but I can't say I was sad to see this week go. Let me refresh that thought; last night I was really sad to see the weekend go. I think we are always pretty sad to see the weekend go though, right? I guess if we didn't have the week, the weekend wouldn't look as good though? I don't know. I enjoyed my weekend immensely. My week was less than thrilling - I suppose it all balances out somewhere down the line.

Watson and I both seemed to suffer from some residual depression after last week's Game of Thrones. The episode featured a scene I knew was coming; The Red Wedding. I won't go into much detail but the name alone should give away that it wasn't exactly the type of wedding you want to be invited to attend. As someone joked on Twitter, always hire a DJ - never book a band. Ha-ha. :)
Watson wallowing in depression - he just slept all of Monday evening. Bless him.

Some of the funnier, less curse filled comments about the Red Wedding. You've got to laugh so that you don't cry.

This week was just...rain all the time. I'm telling you, the day would start out perfectly sunny and wonderful and before you could snap your fingers, dark clouds would be rolling in and raindrops the size of quarters would start slapping down from the heavens. Wednesday, just such a storm rolled in as I was driving home. I knew it was going to be a close call and I was right. As I drove up the driveway, a little twig flew across my windshield and the trees were whipping in the breeze. I grabbed my stuff, ran up the walkway calling for Watson while the thunder started to rumble and as he came flying across the yard in sheer panic (he hates bad weather) the first drops began to fall. We jumped through the unlocked door and stood just inside of it, staring out at the porch as it quickly became drenched. Whew! We just did make that one.
The light just went away from the sky completely. Eek!
I should share another funny. Later Wednesday night, once the rain had finally ended, Watson went outside to explore. After he'd been out for a while I went to the door to see what he was up to. He was standing out in the middle of the yard, sniffing around and doing dog-like things. In the distance the sky crackled with lightning and he immediately froze in place...waiting for what he thought would come next. When the thunder boomed across the sky, he turned tail for home and fled, running up the steps and raced past my legs into the house for safety. I only thought I didn't like bad weather - this critter takes the cake!


Dove with it's words of wisdom. Don't even get me started on this one.

Reactions to thunder - he gets situated, hears the thunder and slaps his little head down onto my hand as if to say "Noooo Mom, don't leave me in here alone!"

It rained again on Thursday and Friday afternoon. Watson and I got good at getting inside and watching the rain pour. Granted, I watched it from the treadmill while I walked and Watson (little bum) just laid in the floor watching me walk and watching it rain.


After the rain.

This cloud was so pink - I couldn't come close to capturing how awesome it really looked. This was after Friday evening's downpour.

I thought my Saturday would be pretty run of the mill - just straightening up things around the house and doing whatever I wanted, but I got a surprise. David decided he'd randomly come home on Saturday afternoon and so instead of spending a whole weekend amusing myself, I had some entertainment in the form of my best friend! Granted, I was enjoying my Saturday pretty well even before I knew I was going to have company. I had some coffee, read a little bit, walked on the treadmill for longer than I thought I would, cleaned up around the house and even sat out on my porch and read for over an hour. It was a good day.


Trying to persuade me that he needs coffee to wake up on Saturday morning.

Saturday marked 4 weeks of being committed. I'm getting pretty good at this!

Reading on the porch - thank goodness for cooler weather, if only for a few hours.

The huge rabbit that just decided to hang out in the yard Saturday afternoon - I mean, he was massive.

I admired Watson's restraint. He didn't immediately chase the rabbit. He watched him first...

Okay - this next picture is proof that it's probably a good thing David decided to come home and spend some time with me. I was cleaning out my fridge/freezer and came across some stuff Gladware that had been in the freezer for way too long. I thought the ice crystals on the lids were so pretty that I sat there with my phone taking pictures of them. You might need some human contact when you start taking pictures of ice!
Bored much? Why yes...yes I was.

Ha-ha....love it. I mean, don't smile David. Don't even look at the camera. :)
The sky on the way home from supper. So pretty.

Sunday morning I didn't even get to leave the nursery building - but I didn't mind so much. I got to play with my little buddies and get sweet hugs from some of them. If you're having a bad day, there is nothing quite like a kiss and hug from a sweet little blonde haired boy to make things better. I hugged lots of babies on Sunday but only one was sweet enough to return the favor!
All in a day's work.

"My" boys - been watching these two grow up side by side since they were born.

Me & my Graham cracker - he used to be a graham cracker crumb, but he's grown just a little bit.

Sweetheart Isaac - he's so cuddly.

Thank heaven for Nannies that love taking care of their grandkids. Yum!

I discovered this spiderweb after (another) rain storm. It looked neat, but it's gotta go. I don't do spiders.

Rainbow on the way to church on Sunday night - which you really can't see in my picture.

Another of my favorite Scandinavian men on the cover of EW this week.

Hoping to get a bite of supper. He didn't. He has his own food.

The season finale of Game of Thrones was last night. The only problem I have with Game of Thrones is that there are only eight episodes seperating the season premiere from the season finale. We were really just getting going and now comes the long wait for season four. The finale was good; pretty calm. Anyone who has watched the show can tell you that the main action always happens in episode nine out of the ten - and last week's episode certainly had action. Enough so that I am still recovering from it, so I was good with calm. I'm not good with there being 9 months standing between me and the Lannisters, Starks, Targaryens and the rest of Westeros. Come on HBO - maybe make season 4 have 12 episodes? Please.


Jaime & Cersei - this did not play out the way it does in the book. Interested to see where it goes next season since I'm extremely invested in Jaime's redemptive arc...which means Cersei has gotta go!

Happy end of the season - they released the soundtrack! It made the parting from the show a little less painful. Just a little.

And that is that. Another week done and over with. Monday is almost over with. I can't wait for Friday at about 1 - my family will be here! Hope you have a good week; I'm going to do my best to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment