Friday, January 10, 2020

Five on Friday


One. Snow - Tuesday was something of a snow day, which was rather unexpected but I'll always take some extra hours of time at home... I mean, who wouldn't? It started snowing around 10:45 and by 12:30 we decided it would be best if we headed home from work - for reasons I cannot fathom, none of the roads had been treated. I didn't have any trouble getting home although the roads weren't great, but I enjoyed my afternoon of free time! 




The snow was thick and wet - so it stuck hard and fast to everything, turning the trees into works of art. I love the way trees look covered in snow and the way the whole world sort of hushes as snow falls... it's quiet and it's also quite magical. The picture of the lake below is from a neighbor as I didn't walk all the way to the lake on Tuesday. The rest are my pictures though.



I am quite thankful for snow blowers - my Dad was gifted one last year for Christmas and that meant when it finally stopped around 5, I didn't have to go shovel - just drive the little machine up and down the driveway and watch the snow blow off the path! I love it! 

Two. Weekend Things - Ooh man, I am glad to see Friday arrive! Anyone else? I'm popping out to the movies tonight to see 1917, which I've heard nothing but good things about and so I'm looking forward to seeing that. I'll be sleeping in tomorrow and then in the afternoon I'm going to a birthday party for a friend's daughter - it will be nice to see the friends in attendance and catch up - which isn't that what you usually do at a party for a one year old? Not sure what Sunday holds beyond church...

Three. Word of the Year - Do you all choose a word of the year? I heard of doing this years ago and from time to time I've chosen something but it's never really been a do or die sort of situation for me. I was reading Carolina Charm's blog and she mentioned a seven question quiz over at Dayspring that would give you your word of the year...


I popped right over and took the quiz and the word I was given was "Stand" and to be honest - I'm not quite sure what to do with that word yet. However, if you'd like to take the quiz, you can do so here.

Four. Royal Mess - I think I've made it known that I love all things related to the royal family and this week Harry and Meghan dropped a big ol' bombshell - they don't want to be senior members of the Royal family anymore. Well. My younger sister says she isn't surprised but I have to say - I was!

Image may contain Prince Harry Human Person Sunglasses Accessories Accessory Clothing Apparel and Joe Mimran

And it certainly seems like based on the multitude of news reports that have come out - the Royal family itself was pretty stunned too. I suspect we will never fully know the ins and outs of the decision but I have to say that in my opinion (which matters not a wit) it was all so poorly done. It seems like they've done nothing but create a royal mess of things.

Five. Love It - I normally really enjoy watching awards shows but I confess that I had no interest in watching the Golden Globes last weekend. I will also confess that I love this picture of Kit Harington and Rose Leslie on the Red Carpet - they are just my favorite! He would look good in a trash bag and she looks fabulous in that green dress... they're one of my favorite things to come from Game of Thrones.

Image result for kit harington rose leslie golden globes"

Jon Snow and Ygritte may not have gotten a happily ever after (honestly - did anyone?!?) but hopefully Kit and Rose will continue to be happy! *swoon*

*******************************************

It's the second week of 2020 and this year already seems off to a rather bombastic start - wouldn't you say? Onward we go and hopefully you enjoy your weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment