Friday, January 17, 2020

Five on Friday


One. Chi Spin & Curl - Does that thing look like a torture weapon or what? Ha! I have seen video after video of this thing in action and it would seem that it pretty much painlessly and with very little fanfare produces the most perfect and long-lasting curls. I couldn't resist the prospect of having really good hair... so I used some of my Christmas bonus to snag one.

Image result for chi spin and curl"

So - here's hoping that the numerous videos of demonstrations that I watched are correct and I come out of this experiment with all my hair intact! Better yet - here's hoping I come out of this experience with fabulous curls! I'll keep you posted!

Two. Stitch Fix Update - I haven't talked about Stitch Fix in ages but I'm still getting them every month and recently my stylist has just been hitting it out of the park! I suppose one day I'll actually do another post where I'm modeling the clothes but that day isn't today... since I'm sitting at my desk at the office, have none of the clothes with me and yep... that's that.

Jenna Suede Bootie Lilianna Tiered Knit DressVedans Cable Knit Pullover 
Alexa Skinny PantKurtis Jacquard Dot Pullover Vernon Mixed Material Top

I didn't ask for the cute moss green booties but they are adorable... would you believe I haven't even worn them yet though? I have this weird habit of holding on to new things and waiting for that perfect moment to wear them... it's weird, I know! The black dress is less impressive in the picture but has become a closet favorite - as have both the mustard and cranberry colored sweaters! The black pants are perfect for both work and play and the baseball tee is cute and comfortable!

If you've thought about trying Stitch Fix - feel free to use my link to try it out!

Three. Flashback Friday - A cliche turn of phrase but then again, that's exactly what it is. Apparently on this very day seven years ago - it came up a snowstorm in Mississippi and of course, like any good Southerner - I took a million pictures of the snow! I also apparently ended up going into work, which is probably more surprising than the snow!


Y'all know people in the South cannot function when it snows and yet - somehow it would seem that I had to saddle up and drive on snow and ice covered roads into town to put in a day's honest work. Perhaps I was just preparing myself for living in the Northernmost portion(s) of the South? Who knows. Either way - the snow is nice to look at!

Four. He's Cute - It's not Watson Wednesday (thank the Lord it's not Wednesday...) but then again, in my life it's Watson Wednesday every day! I'm sort of obsessed with my little old man and I have to feel like if I think he's that cute, you might too!


He was begging for a bite of peanut butter last night - and what this picture doesn't capture is that he wanted that peanut butter so badly that he was shaking! This dog y'all - he's a mess!

Five. Maybe This is Petty - But if it is, you can mark me down as petty! This week has been wild with all the news coming out of the MLB with the Astros punishment getting handed down, coupled with further resignations within the Red Sox and the Mets - all due to this mess that is the Astros stealing signs. Apparently they continued to do so throughout the 2018 and 2019 seasons, into and throughout the post season...


Which means that when my Washington Nationals beat the Astros in the World Series - they beat them while they were cheating. That baseball banging off the foul pole in game seven turned that whole game around and we went on to win it all - so you better believe I'll be wearing my t-shirt with pride. And if that makes me petty - so be it!

******************************************

Here's hoping you have a nice weekend! Not sure what I'll be getting up to but Saturday may be a snowy and icy mess - so I may not do much at all. Who knows? 

No comments:

Post a Comment