Tuesday, January 28, 2020

An Idea!

Well - I didn't write a weekend recap yesterday because... well, it's not that I wasn't doing anything but I guess I just didn't think what I was doing was worth much of a report and honestly - I also have zero pictures from the weekend except nonsense and tons of snaps of my dog! 

I have been mulling over the idea of changing up my bedroom for a while now - it's been gray and yellow for some time and I really like that color scheme, but I wanted a little more. Plus - I've been meaning to paint my bedroom since I moved into it and never got beyond doing the two shorter walls a bright yellow that I now find I don't love as much... so I decided that while it's Winter and there isn't much going on, the time for painting was now.

After dinner out with my Dad on Friday night and some time spent perusing Home Goods and Books A Million, I came home and continued reviewing bedding on Amazon while chatting with my younger sister. I kept coming back to a medallion patterned quilt in shades of yellow, gray, mint green and black - and since I had reward points (dollars) built up on my Amazon Prime card - I was able to purchase the bedding for just $30! 

Buying the bedding got the wheels spinning in my head and after sleeping in on Saturday, doing some exercise and just a few things here and there around the house - I headed for Lowe's to look at paint samples. I chose several options to compare and then made my way to Hobby Lobby where I found new drawer pulls, a distressed lantern and a white wrought iron wall hanging to add to my new decor scheme - and then I joined my friends Danielle and Nick at The Alamo to see Rise of Skywalker once again.

Sunday morning after coffee, church and lunch at the Greene Turtle - I pulled everything off my walls, filled in the nail holes, taped up my paint swatches and decided that Gravity by Valspar is going to be the winning color. I still need to sand the covered nail holes and go buy the paint - but the room is well on it's way! I've put the new drawer pulls on the bedside tables, the bedding arrive yesterday, the new lamps will arrive tomorrow and my curtains will be along next week... 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GP47DQ0dhfKNT-XoGWFtJfGmYqcsMISp

So - I suppose I'll be spending a portion of this upcoming weekend painting walls! I'm pretty excited about making my room a little bit brighter and more cozy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment