Thursday, January 23, 2020

The ABC's of Me - The Update

I do; from time to time, look back on some of my old posts and I stumbled on this one from 2013. I thought for the most part if would be fun to update this one... if any of the ABC's did; in fact, serve to be updated. I shared some snaps below - the one on the left is me in 2013 and the one on the right is me near the end of 2019.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1W3uuErhFB0mtPlaTK9wNQcilCzHzHJ6rhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1mMz9NKJymCz-zt9tlyl0ijPkDO85cnOV

A - Available or Married? *sigh* I'm still available. I suppose that's all I'll say on that one for now.

B - Book? I am currently reading The Testaments by Margaret Atwood and I'm so close to finishing it!

C - Cake or Pie? I am 95% a cake person but I do really love Cherry Pie! :)

D - Drink of Choice? Coffee! The drink of choice is always coffee.

E - Essential Item? It's my iPhone. I know that's so cliche but it's just the truth! So much of my life is operated and accessed through that thing... so that's just how it is.

F - Favorite Color? Blue!

G - Game to Watch or Play? Baseball! Washington Nationals baseball is always my favorite game to watch... I'm not big on playing games but I do like "word" style games like Scattergories and Apples to Apples... and I also like Game of Thrones Clue!

H - Hometown? Complicated... because which town is a person's home town? I was born in Lompoc, California... I was raised in Collinsville, Mississippi and now I live in... Northern Virginia. *wink*

I - Indulgence? Y'all... I really, really like eating peanut butter with chocolate chips mixed in... And it's an indulgence because I'm currently on Weight Watchers and I try to save points for the evening where I can have peanut butter and chocolate!

J - Job? I work at a Wealth Management Firm, placing trades on the stock market and managing money. I would have never in a million years imagined I'd be doing this, but I really love my job - so there you have it.

K - Kids & Their Names? I have a fur baby named Watson. He's the best.

L - Life is Incomplete Without? Music! Music! I love music and I think it would make me a little crazy to not have music in my life in some form.

M - Music Group or Singer? Ramin Djawadi; he's a composer and I honestly listen to more Instrumental and Classical music than anything else... but as he's neither a music group or a singer, I'll also say Queen - because they're just the best. Duh.

N - Number of Siblings? Just the one little sister.

O - Oranges or Apples? Neither. I like orange flavored things and I like apples cooked in things, but I do not like them on their own.

P - Phobias/Fears? I don't like heights or flying. Flying probably ranks at the top of that list though.

Q - Favorite Quote? At present, I rather like: "You either exist in a state of shame about not fitting into society or you embrace what you have"- Gwendoline Christie (And trust me, being a single 35 year old... I know a thing or two about not fitting in).

R - Reason to Smile? The sun is out today and while the month of January normally seems to last for six months, for some reason this year it's flown by... and I suppose that makes me smile because I don't typically enjoy January and February.

S - Season? Christmas! I mean, honestly - Christmas is a season unto itself but if we're being traditional here... then it's Autumn!

T - Tattoos? Not a single one and I have no plans for one because I'm not a huge fan of needles and I don't know that there's anything I love enough to have it memorialized on my body.

U - Unknown Fact about Me? Hmmm... I won the Spelling Bee in 6th and 7th grade and ended up at the county Spelling Bee in 7th grade.

V - Vegetable You Love? Broccoli! Corn! I like lots of vegetables... and writing about them makes me want one of those vegetable pizzas made with cream cheese and crescent rolls. *drool*

W - Worst Habit? I second guess, overthink and analyze every situation to death. Absolutely to death.

X - X-Ray(s) You've Had? I used to get an X-ray every year on my spine because I have (had) scoliosis.

Y - Your Favorite Food? I don't know that I could choose a favorite food... I love so many things. Italian food. Mexican food. Bread. Good food is life and I can't choose favorites.

Z - Zodiac? I'm a Libra, which is scales. Which is funny because I do like things to be balanced and fair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment