Thursday, January 2, 2020

December Things

Image result for December"

Anticipations

A sure sign that January is here... I don't actually have anything on my anticipations list. January does always seem a bit bleak after the twinkle and glow of December and as I stare at my calendar for January, there is next to nothing on it (at this point). So - I guess we shall see...

Books I've Read

I swear... I was going to begin reading all sorts of things this month and I did... but then I just didn't keep reading them! *facepalm* It isn't that I haven't been reading, it's just not any of the books on my shelf.

Books on the Shelf

Please see the above information, ha-ha! I have plenty of things to read: The Gown by Jennifer Robson, The Testaments by Margaret Atwood, Miracles & Other Reasonable Things by Sarah Bessey ....but I just haven't quite made the dent in them that I want to!

Can't Miss Movies

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - This movie was not what I thought it was going to be but was also absolutely delightful and so very touching! It was a Saturday evening whim and I'm so glad I saw it because it was not only touching and entertaining but also filled with nostalgia!


Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - I have to say; I really enjoyed this movie, although I was worried since reviews were not favorable. I do feel like it was really crammed and I didn't 100% love every twist and turn, but all in all I thought it was excellent and a really nice way to end the decades-spanning Skywalker Saga!


Little Women - This movie was utterly fabulous and wonderful and I enjoyed every moment...even if portions of it made me cry! I thought it was a fresh take on the material while still remaining faithful to the source and I cannot encourage you enough to go out and see this one - you will love it!


Must See TV

Mr. Robot - Confession: I still need to watch the final two episodes of the final season but in the hubbub of the holiday season, I hadn't quite gotten there by the end of the month! I've loved what I am seeing so far and really enjoying how they're wrapping up the story of Elliott, Darlene and Mr. Robot and can't wait to check out the final three hours!


The Mandalorian - If you've been living under a rock then you have no clue what this show is about... but even if you aren't a Star Wars fan then you've heard of "Baby Yoda" by now! My sister and I devoured all eight episodes of the first season and I thoroughly enjoyed all eight swashbuckling, galaxy-hopping, little green creature feature episodes! I cannot believe we have to wait until Autumn for the second season!




Tasty Treats

It was the month of December; so of course, there was plenty of delicious food to be had! The month began (and ended) with dinner(s) at L'Auberge Provencale - a four diamond French restaurant just five miles from my house that has amazing food! My Mom hosted a tea for her friends and she absolutely crushed the treats: cucumber sandwiches, scones, homemade chocolate truffles - it was all divine!


We munched on some cream-filled churros at the DC Holiday Market, had amazing Ricotta Pancakes at the local Firefly Cafe and of course - made our tasty and traditional Christmas cookies! I made a rich and delicious Hershey Bar Cake for my Mom's birthday, we had a divine Christmas Day lunch and followed up with wine and treats later in the week at Bluemont Vineyard, dinner at Nana's Irish Pub and Brunch at Mimslyn Inn. I feel full just reading all that...


Tunes & Talks

I've stayed with some old favorites like The Popcast with Knox and Jamie and I am still thoroughly enjoying Dolly Parton's America and Catlick - so I'd check both those out if you haven't yet! I also spent most of the month listening to Christmas music... shocking, I know! I also listened to Star Wars: Epic Tribute by Samuel Kim and several albums by Philip Wesley, interspersed with the Frozen II soundtrack!

*****************************

And that was December - done and in the books, another year of entertainment and amusements to savor and remember! And it's already January 2nd! Whoa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment