Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Long Weekend Things

How is the long weekend already over? I mean - I suppose it didn't fly by or anything but it does feel like the weekend just started and it's already Tuesday! Granted; since it's already Tuesday, that means the next weekend will arrive a bit more quickly... right? 

Friday night my Mom and I had a little bit of a girl's night and popped into a couple shops (Hobby Lobby, Pier One, Target) before grabbing dinner at Chick Fil A. We went to see Knives Out at the theater at the local mall and we popped into Hallmark ahead of the movie - all the ornaments were 75% off and I scored FIVE ornaments for $24! Talk about a steal! I have feelings about Knives Out - but I'll share those in my end of the month post...

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=19GrpICVYvHldtoTr6Xgu1G-SyNJAPcPh

Saturday was a pretty chill day - there was absolutely nothing on the agenda and so I ended up sleeping in, getting in some exercise and reading quite a lot of The Testaments - all before lunch! It sleeted and snowed on and off throughout the day, so Watson and I took some very slow walks around the neighborhood... busting my butt was not on the agenda. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ptsgBoMIQ4etW8XDd_WhqJk_8Tf89W6D

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1aWSDtSdDtOdwS8N4nugLyI-eS-WZOkSg

I ended up spending the afternoon doing a little bit of this and that, honestly a whole lot of nothing but then again - I suppose Winter weekends are for doing a whole lot of nothing? After having chili for dinner (the perfect food for a crummy Winter day), I took a bubble bath and ended up finally watching Marriage Story on Netflix - which I thought was really good. All the awards for Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansen!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=15iD7eCaNgSoJZiUQh7oVWTE0LzfTpygf

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GRfSi1_axx5c47ynhjndcE5wrjh77rsm

Sunday was another pretty chill day - granted; I guess the whole weekend was chill, when I really think about it. I used my Chi Spin & Curl for the first time and discovered that it was going to be startlingly easy to curl my hair with the thing - it's maybe one of the best things I've ever bought! After church, lunch out and a grocery run - it was home for the afternoon where I read, exercised, cleaned out my dresser drawers and watched a little football here and there... 

I ended the evening watching the SAG Awards with my sister - her in Oklahoma and me here in Virginia - we text our thoughts back and forth but the thought most prevalent in my mind was that I didn't have to set an alarm for Monday!

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1MzvGXO45W5OTaq04j-dVV8ohaYe4QG-n

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1uOWEYmqVI8_e9lCmGyNGdeMdHleotKNt

I slept in on Monday *praise hands* and after just sort of sitting around a bit, I joined my parents for lunch at Olive Garden and then trailed them around as they shopped for new living room furniture. They ended up being successful at the final stop and once that was all sorted out, it was already late afternoon. I passed the rest of the day with reading, getting things ready for the work week and watching the new season of Home Town.

Apparently having a new hair tool that makes my hair curly seemed to inspire quite a lot of selfies this weekend - not entirely sure why! Regardless - there is one weekend left in January and then it's into another month we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment