Monday, June 3, 2019

I'll Let Pictures Do the Talking

It was a good weekend - I took plenty of pictures while we were out and about - and as I'm feeling a wee bit of a headache this afternoon, I thought maybe I'd let the pictures do the talking for me...

Pimento Cheese Fritters
Corn & Bacon Soup
Cola BBQ Pulled Pork Slider
Beer Cheese Tator Tots
Nothing I had for dinner on Friday night was necessarily healthy - but every bite was so incredibly tasty! If you live in the Northern Virginia area and haven't tried out Paladin Bar & Grill - I cannot recommend it enough - the food is divine! The Pimento Cheese Fritters were a last minute addition and they were incredibly tasty... but my favorite thing all night was definitely the Corn & Bacon Soup, I could have eaten bowls of it!

Jon Snow - surprised to be back in the land of the living & on my coffee mug...
Image may contain: plant
My Mom has jokes...
My parents have been blazing through Game of Thrones and after they finally witnessed Jon Snow's death and resurrection, I was able to pull out my new mug and use it for the first time on Saturday morning. As you fill it with coffee and it heats up, Jon's shocked face appears... ha-ha!

We went all over the countryside on Saturday - the temperatures were in the mid-80's and so we hit up some nearby farmers markets and a garden fest. It was all very lovely and then I spent the afternoon laying on the deck, reading and just enjoying the breeze. We grilled for dinner and of course, my parents continued their Game of Thrones binge...

Image may contain: 1 person, sunglasses, outdoor and closeup
Hot & Sweaty? Not Today!
Image may contain: food  Image may contain: drink and outdoor

Image may contain: indoor
West Oak's Farm Market - new to us but absolutely amazing!
Image may contain: sky, cloud, outdoor and nature
Dear Virginia - I love your rolling hills...& the barely visible mountain peaks...
 Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant, flower and outdoor
These flowers are called: Red Hot Pokers!
Image may contain: plant, sky, tree, house, outdoor and nature
There is something really lovely about a big red barn, green grass & the blue sky!
Image may contain: sky, house, cloud, tree, plant and outdoor
Belle Grove Plantation - sight of the Garden Fest!
Image may contain: sky, cloud, mountain, outdoor and nature
*sigh* I love mountains! I love that I live in the mountains!
Sunday was another slow day - after church and a quick lunch, I read on the back deck for part of the afternoon...until the rain showers rolled in. We shopped for groceries, had pizza for dinner and just had a relaxing afternoon.

Image may contain: dog Image may contain: dog

Image may contain: dog, table and indoor
He's a huge fan of the deck!
It was a good weekend. A peaceful weekend and very restful - maybe too restful since I didn't set my alarm correctly on Sunday and slept until almost 9:00 AM! That's something I haven't done in ages! 

No comments:

Post a Comment