Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Watson Wednesday


That's the face Watson is making because he knows I'm telling a story about him on the blog today and it's a less than flattering story. He's thinking "you've got to be kidding me..." but yep, I've got a story. 

Monday morning started off really - crappy. There is absolutely no pun intended, that statement is 100% literal. I opened my bedroom door to step into my living room and the smell almost knocked me down - yikes! Apparently something my wee dog had eaten absolutely destroyed his stomach in the night and as a result, everything in his crate was absolutely destroyed too. *gag*

After managing to coax him out of the crate and make sure he had nothing on himself, I decided the best course of action was to literally roll everything in the crate up and toss it into the garbage - trying not to gag and be sick while I was doing it. That's a lot of "crap" to deal with before 7 AM and before coffee y'all. 


I watched him while I was getting ready for work and he seemed fine - not a care in the world - I guess not since his stomach was obviously blissfully empty of everything he'd eaten...in probably days (it was a lot of crap y'all). Since he usually stays in my bedroom while I'm at work and everything in my bedroom is done is shades of white, light yellow and light gray - I erred on the side of caution and set him up in the storage room (which is very large) where the floors are concrete. Better safe than sorry. 


I bought him a brand new crate liner, found him a brand new fresh and clean blanket and when bed time came on Monday night - he crawled right in and I shut the crate. Or at least - I thought I shut the crate. When I woke up Tuesday morning there was no crap in the crate... but there was also no dog in the crate. I'd apparently not shut the door securely and he'd vacated in the night and slept on the couch upstairs. 

All that to say - after a "crappy" start to the week - I'm glad that it's Wednesday! Aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment