Friday, June 21, 2019

Five on Friday


One. Nationals Baseball - Well... for the first time since April, the Nationals aren't in fourth place in the NL East anymore. They moved into third place on Wednesday night after Max Scherzer (with a broken nose...no less...) led the team to a 2-0 victory over the Phillies. Scherzer took a bunt off the face during batting practice on Tuesday night but since nothing slows Mad Max down - he was more than happy to take the mound on Wednesday night and help the Nationals get the win!


My Mom and I are headed to the ballpark tonight - we'll be seeing Stephen Strasburg pitch against the Atlanta Braves; here's hoping he'll do a bit better than he did last Saturday. Eek! 

Two. Weekend Plans - What will the weekend hold? I don't know that I have that much on the calendar but of course I'm going to the Nationals game tonight so that's starting the weekend off on the right foot! No big plans for Saturday but I have a feeling that my parents will want to finish up Game of Thrones and on Sunday we are heading to Brunch at a local farmer's market and then I'm meeting my friend Danielle to see Rocketman!

Three. Memes & Laughs - As always, a couple things that made me giggle this week. The first one...well, my co-workers and I have been discussing that maybe deep down we are all a little more "mean" than we'd like to think and then that meme was on my timeline and it was like the universe saw my soul, ha-ha!





Of course that Game of Thrones meme had to be shared - it does have two of my favorite three characters and it made me smile. And lastly, as a person who was much more shy and reserved as a child, I've 100% discovered that I do like myself a little bit more when I'm feisty and shit. :)

Four. Watson - Y'all know I had to share another Watson picture because he's just too sweet. He crawled up in my lap on Thursday morning, settled in and proceeded to sleep for almost a full hour until I forced him out of my lap to get my lunch together and race for the car. 


He's basically the sweetest thing. I know - I'm a little partial but still, he's just the best. 

Five. Three Day Weekend - Oh, did I forget to mention that this weekend is a three day weekend for me? Well guess what, it is! My boss recently gave us all an additional day of paid vacation to use whenever we'd like and so I'm off work today! Rejoice!

***********************************

Y'all have a good weekend! I intend to!

No comments:

Post a Comment