Monday, June 17, 2019

Weekend Highlights - Mostly Baseball

Guess what guys? I did next to nothing on Friday night - is that shocking? I got off work early and the weather on Friday was so perfect that I just couldn't help it... instead of exercising when I got home, I made my way to the back deck and read in the sunshine for a good hour. It was glorious. 

My Dad and I had some Italian Delight for dinner (served with a side of free mini cupcakes - hello!) and then I spent my Friday night exercising, watching the first episode of Killing Eve (I'm not sold on it yet...) and doing some more reading. Like I said - it was a wild revelation. 

Image may contain: airplane, sky and outdoor

Saturday morning after coffee, my Dad and I headed into the big city for the day - as you do. Our first stop was the Udvar-Hazy Center near Dulles, VA for an airplane show. This was 100% my Dad's thing because he is all about the airplanes - so I trailed him around and snapped a couple pictures here and there. The most important thing is that I saw a 767 and so now I know just how big Daenerys Targaryen's dragon, Drogon is... obviously that's extremely important. 

Image may contain: 1 person, sky, outdoor and closeup Image may contain: one or more people and sunglasses

After a quick lunch of McDonald's - honestly it was the first time I've eaten McDonald's food in YEARS. Years! Do you hear me - we made our way to the Metro and on our way to Nationals Park for Star Wars Day...and of course, a baseball game! We waited in line for about twenty minutes before the gates open, we snagged Obi Sean Kenobi bobble heads and then it was time for pictures with all the peoples dressed in costumes - so fun y'all!

Image may contain: 2 people, sunglasses, outdoor and closeup Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, shoes and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing Image may contain: 1 person, standing and sunglasses

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, outdoor

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sunglasses and closeup Image may contain: 1 person, fire

Image may contain: 1 person, cloud and sky Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

Blessedly the temperature was not bad - it was really perfect baseball weather and our seats were great too, in the shade the whole game! The game itself *sigh* started rocky; Strasburg gave up a solo home run on the first pitch, yikes! At the middle of the first inning the Diamondbacks had already scored three runs... not great... However the Nationals fought back with a triple from Trea Turner and back to back home runs from Juan Soto and Matt Adams which tied the game back up!

Image may contain: stadium, sky, crowd, baseball and outdoor

Image may contain: stadium, crowd and outdoor

Image may contain: stadium, crowd and outdoor

No photo description available.

Unfortunately - the first inning seemed to be the only time that the Nationals could get the bats going and they didn't score any more runs for the rest of the game. The Nationals ended up losing the game 10-3 (they won on Sunday 15-5... where was that on Saturday?!?) and we got home on Saturday night around 9:00, after stopping to grab Panda Express. Did y'all know that literally everyone goes to Panda Express on Saturday night at 9:00?? I didn't... but I do now!

Sunday morning after coffee and church, I took my Dad to Union Jack Pub for a Father's Day lunch - it was all delicious but my favorite part of MY meal was the Ale & Bacon Cheese Soup. It was divine! It was also really, really warm out on Sunday... but that didn't stop me from hanging out on the deck a bit and reading - and of course, so did Watson!



The rest of Sunday was spent taking a short nap in an effort to get rid of a headache... reading... getting myself together ahead of the new week... getting dinner from Firehouse Subs (my Dad got a free sub y'all - Father's Day)... taking a bubble bath... and watching the newest episode of Big Little Lies! The night closed out on a pretty brilliant note - the sunset was phenomenal and now here we are, it's Monday once again!


1 comment: