Friday, May 3, 2013

What I'm Into in May!

Thought I'd change things up a little and write a bit about some of the things that I'm getting into in the month of May...just because I thought I'd share a little bit with you.

Books I Read:
A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin: This is the 4th book in the A Song of Ice & Fire series that Game of Thrones is based on. I've already read it once, but these books twist & turn so much that it's worth reading more than once just so you're not completely lost.

A Dance of Dragons by George R.R. Martin: Yep, another one of these. This is the 5th book in the series & I'm reading it for the same reason I'm reading the one above; because it's well worth a second read. The series & each book encompasses so much information, with so many twists & turns, you want to be sure you get it all in. It's only 1016 pages. Ha-ha!

Books in the Queue:
Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris: This is the final book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. I've got the other 12 (of course the last one is number 13!) and I'd like to see how this all ends up. It comes out next week & I've got my own ideas & hopes for how it all ends. Now if only True Blood (the show based on these books) was still as good as the books. Oh well...

Argo: How the CIA & Hollywood Pulled off the Most Audacious Rescue in History by Antonio Mendez: I absolutely loved the movie Argo, so I bought the book with the intention of reading it. I've gotten kind of sidetracked but I plan to try to get it read sometime in the month of May...or at least early June.

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo: I bought this book on my tablet earlier this year because it was on sale for about $3.00 - you can't beat a deal like that & I've heard numerous people talk about how incredible this book was. Again, this is another book that I'll try to get to sometime this month.

Can't Miss Television:
Game of Thrones: If that answer wasn't obvious, then you don't read my blog very often. The 3rd season is already halfway over (*sob*) but it just keeps getting better with every episode. Granted, since I've read the books I knew it was just going to keep getting better. I can't wait to see what unfolds in the back half of the season & how they interpret some of the best parts of the 3rd book. So far, it has been excellent.

Elementary: I got into this show as a fluke last Fall because I love Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal of Sherlock Holmes & so that got me even more intrigued, so when I heard they were doing a TV show with yet another re-imagining...I decided to get into it. I thought this premise of this show was interesting. Granted, there are only 2 episodes left before it ends for the summer but with Moriarty popping up at the end of last night's episode & Irene Adler (finally) appearing in the season finale in 2 weeks, this show is really starting to get good! Can't wait for season 2!

*It should be noted that I watch WAY too much TV & this list would be much longer, but seriously...all this season's shows are wrapping up with their finales & summer is starting. Summer is when I watch movies & ponder the fates of all the characters on my shows. Will they get back together? Is he/she really dead? Ha-ha.

Movies I've Watched:
We Bought A Zoo: I watched this movie at the recommendation of my Mom and a girl that I work with & it was really great. Such a heart-warming story, Matt Damon is easy on the eyes & the kids are cute. Plus, it was hilarious to watch Watson react to all the animal noises on the screen.

*so far, this is all I've watched recently...which is odd since I also watch movies all the time. Now if we were talking about movies I'm looking forward to watching: Iron Man 3, The Great Gatsby, Star Trek Into Darkness, Man of Steel...those all come to the forefront of my mind at the moment although I'm sure there are plenty more. It's summer after all, the season of the blockbuster!

Music I've Listened to:
Game of Thrones: Music from the Series: Yep, as you can see, right now Game of Thrones is ruling a large portion of my life - no pun intended, ha-ha. This is just an instrumental score but a lot of it is really beautiful & also quite calming (which is surprising since the show is rarely calming). I really like how instrumental music can capture the personalities of certain characters so well. I love listening to it on the way home in the afternoons.

Hunter Hayes: When I'm not listening to my Game of Thrones soundtrack, I'm most likely listening to Hunter Hayes. This is so random for me because he's a country music singer & I am NOT a fan of country music. I listen to a song every once in a while but I actually downloaded his whole album & I like every song but one. Not too shabby for a country singer, ha-ha!

Happiness is:
Sleeping late on Saturdays - easily my favorite day of the week. Right now I have the luxury of being able to sleep late on Saturdays & then plan my day from there on out. Which I love. And I know I should cherish this now because one day it won't be that way.

That feeling you have at 4:59 on a Friday, when you know the whole weekend spreads out in front of you, waiting to be explored.

Getting mail. I love getting mail from people - so if you ever want to send me a little hello via snail mail, feel free. I'll be thrilled to get it!

What I'm Looking Forward to in May:
Number one - obviously is my little sister coming to visit in just 11 short days! I'm not sure what we are going to get up to, but when Lindsey & I get together we always manage to have a good time!

As I stated above, it's blockbuster season & I can't wait to go see all these summer movies. Even if I have to go see a majority of them on my own. There are just too many movies & they have to be seen before they've come & gone.

Days off in May - I'm off on Friday the 17th to spend some time with Lindsey while she visits & I'm off again on May 27th for Memorial Day. Those are going to be two good days for sure!

Happy Friday Everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment