Monday, May 20, 2013

Re-Capping Things...

Well - this week and weekend seemed to both fly by and move slowly all at the same time. I'm not sure how that works really; things seem to be moving along at a pleasant pace and before you know it, you're waking up on Monday morning. My motto this week is that if I can make it to Friday, then I'll have another three day weekend. Thank goodness for Memorial Day, right? Moving right along...

Eating some sort of pig ear treat - yuck man. He seems to think they're delicious.

Foot picture - Watson even decided to get in on it. Even though he has no shoes....

Finally saw Gatsby on Tuesday night - it was AWESOME.

I have been excited about seeing The Great Gatsby since I first saw previews ages ago (because the movie was originally set to come out around Christmas 2012 and then got moved to May of 2013) but as the time passed...my interest didn't flag, I just wasn't as thrilled about it. Of course, then my sister went to see it and absolutely loved it, my parents went to see it and thought it was excellent and my friend David couldn't quit raving about it. By Tuesday afternoon, I couldn't wait to get off work, down the road and to the theatre. I was not disappointed. I loved it all - perfectly cast, amazingly done; it completely grasped the excess of the roaring 20's and displayed it on screen. I loved it. So much so, that once Lindsey arrived, we saw it again.

On to something else that I find funny - my dog and the TV. When I went to the movies on Tuesday night, I left the TV on for Watson. I've noticed that anytime I'm watching Game of Thrones and there are animals on the screen he reacts - which is really funny to watch. He especially flips out when the dire-wolves (basically just really big wolves) and the dragons are on screen. When I came in Tuesday night after being at the movies, he was just relaxing, watching what I was doing...but right about the time I came in, a dragon came onscreen. My silly little dog heard it screech (scream, squeal...I dunno, it's a dragon...they're not real) and he immediately positioned himself in front of the TV to watch the rest of the scene. Now - what in the world? Every time he does this I have to wonder what is going through his head. What does he think is happening, does he know that it isn't real? I don't know...but he tickles me; his favorite character on Game of Thrones is undoubtedly the dragons. Silly dog.

Watson says "pay attention - the dragons are about to whoop some tail..."

Shoes...you can never have too many of them.
Thursday afternoon, I left work at 4 and headed straight for Jackson to pick up my wonderful little sister. She had 96 hours of leave and decided she would spend those 96 hours with me - how lucky am I? We chatted all the way home and then stopped at Collinsville's prestigious new Mexican restaurant to get supper. I'm pretty sure Los Rodeos is the only thing about Collinsville that is new or different since the last time Lindsey was here, almost a year ago. I guess that's part of small town life, right? Do enjoy the pictures and anecdotes from our weekend together.

The chip was gigantic...seriously. Huge.

Watson immediately claimed Lindsey as his & was her shadow/lap dog for most of the weekend.

Gigi's cupcakes - they're so good...but Lordy, I swear I always feel sick after eating them. Blegh.

Little beggar only left Lindsey's side to come beg some milk off me, because he knows Lindsey doesn't share.

Staring contest on Thursday night!
On Friday, we took McKenna with us to see The Great Gatsby - which, I think caused us to create a monster because afterwards all her Instagram posts were of Leo Dicaprio or Gatsby-related things. Which, I get it McKenna; Leo was foxy 10 years ago and he's still got it now. We made a couple stops in town, visited with Tina, hung out at the house for the afternoon and got to have Nanny's home cooking on Friday night (steaks in the crock pot, homemade mashed potatoes, butter beans and corn - I know your mouth is watering). We also went to the lake with Watson and let him wander around; we also discovered that swinging is still just as much fun as it used to be.

We color coordinated without even trying - we are just that good.

These two - I think they are peas in a pod. I mean, look at those faces.

The lake at dusk...

Sister picture!

Swinging is awesome!

Watson just enjoyed the park bench - he wasn't real sure about the swings.

Soaring through the air...

Walking along the dam - we had to escape to the dam because of rain...

The clouds were so colorful....

Wildflowers everywhere!

Good-bye for now lake - thank you for the lovely scenery.
Saturday morning, we had to have waffle making round two - sadly on Friday morning they didn't quite turn out the way they were supposed to. Someone (maybe me...) forgot that there was supposed to be an egg in the batter. Whoops. Blessedly, Saturday was a roaring success! After we ate breakfast, we met up with Hope and did some shopping in town, had lunch at Mugshots, visited with our grandparents and then came home to chill again. I cooked some chicken enchiladas for supper and we had some more visitors - an aunt and uncle, a grandma and a brother. My house was very popular this weekend.

Look at that face...what in the world?

Successful waffles and a dog that wants a bite very badly. I shared. :)


This poodle was enormous - seriously, when he stood up he was level with my waist. This picture does not do him justice.  His foot was bigger than Lindsey's....

Shopping at The Atrium - Lindsey got the dress she's wearing. I'd have loved to get that awesome chandelier...

Using the arbor at Plant the Earth for our photo taking pleasure. 

So many gorgeous plants at Plant the Earth - I loved it.

My purchases for the day - nothing too crazy or expensive, but I love them

Typical Lindsey shots - making a "cave" over the vent, pretending to be Marilyn Monroe & tucking her hair under her dress strap to eat...

David's visit stole a little of Lindsey's constant Watson love - he had to visit with David some too.

Having an in-depth sibling conversation I'm sure...

He was so sleepy....but he had to beg for some milk.
Sunday morning we headed off to Jackson - we got some breakfast at Cracker Barrel before I dropped Lindsey at the airport. I was sad to see her go but I'll see her again in less than a month, so I suppose I can make it till then.

Morning cuddles.

Saying good-bye for now.

Yummy breakfast...makes me want some hash brown casserole right now.

Saying good-bye at the airport.

Just me again - passing the time on my own for now. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys made the most of her 96 hours!

    ReplyDelete