Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Single Girl Suppers - Tater Salad!

Here we are again on Wednesday and I've got another supper to share with y'all. Granted, this wasn't my entire supper but it went with my supper and it is awfully good.

Back at Christmastime, we had a church staff Christmas party and someone made Loaded Baked Potato Salad. I'm not a big fan of potato salad, especially not mustard potato salad. This however, this was absolutely delicious - I ate two helpings and was so tempted to go back for a third, but since I was in the company of others I decided not to act like a pig. Ha-ha! Ever since that night, I have thought about that potato salad and been on the hunt for a recipe. I may still tweak this one, but I think it is pretty darn close to what I was looking for and it's awfully delicious with a nice sandwich on a night when I'd actually rather not cook!

Loaded Baked Potato Salad
-4/5 small red potatoes, washed & cut to desired shape
-2 cups sour cream
-onion (chopped or flakes; I used flakes because it is all I had)
-1 packet Ranch dressing mix
-bacon; cooked & crumbled
-shredded cheddar cheese
-2 tbsp. milk

-Wash, cut and boil your potatoes; about 15 minutes or until soft. Refrigerate.
-In a small bowl mix together sour cream, onion and Ranch dressing packet thoroughly. Put in the fridge & allow the flavors to "mix" about 2 hours.
-Cook and shred your bacon.
-After the 2 hours have passed, add 2 tbsp. of milk to the sauce and whisk.
-Mix together sauce, potatoes, bacon and cheese.
-Enjoy!

Like I said, I might tweak this recipe a little bit...we'll see what happens the next time I make this, but for my first outing with potato salad, I think it was pretty darn tasty!

Boiling up some taters....


Ingredients, ingredients...what am I gonna do with these?


The sauce for my potato salad - yep, it's yummy.


Cooking some bacon - some real deal bacon; Lord but my house smelled good after this.


Bacon, sauce, cheese and potatoes...time to mix it all together.


Yep - that looks about right.


Delicious. Thank goodness this makes more than one serving - it's too tasty to only eat once.


As always, my assistant chef must have a little taste of the finished product. He approved.














2 comments:

  1. I might eat that seeing it doesn't have mayo but that might be too much sour cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is almost like Dicky's but better. YUM! STOP MAKING ME HUNGRY!

    FYI your other nickname is Natalia. Courtesy of the Benster, ha.

    ReplyDelete