Thursday, May 9, 2013

Let Me Tell You a Little...Okay, A Lot...About Me!

I happened upon this on my Facebook page and realized I had posted this in October of 2009. I decided to update it in the form of a blog post and see if any of my answers changed in the past five years. Obviously, some of these answers won't change but I know some of them have. It's a long post, but I thought it was fun. :) Maybe I'll do it again in five years. 

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? 
-I have a scar on my front of my right leg from my kid years; I ran, tripped & slid straight into the corner of a counter & split my shin open. Now, it didn't require stitches but it was pretty gruesome looking for a while. This scar is so funny to me now because when I was a kid, it lined up directly in front of the bone in my leg (because I about split it open to there) but as I've grown, the scar has moved & now it doesn't line up with anything anymore. Ha-ha.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? 
-Some pictures that match my room decor (which I'm looking to change) a calendar, a several jewelry hangers & some shelves with part of my Willow Tree collection on them.

3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP? 
-None of the above; although I've been told by a couple people that I breathe very heavily when I am good & asleep. 

4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO? 
-I love music in general; right now I'm addicted to my Game of Thrones soundtracks (season 1 & 2) & when I'm not listening to that, I'm usually listening to Hunter Hayes. Beyond that, I don't listen to the radio very much. I find music that I like most often on the TV shows that I watch or as recommendations from friends. I also really like classical music, hence the love of the Game of Thrones soundtrack. 

5. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN? 
-I believe in the morning but I'd need confirmation from my Mom on that one.

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? 
-More than anything right now, I don't want to be alone anymore. I've been single/on my own/etc...for a long time now & I'm really tired of it. Really. Tired.

7. WHAT DO YOU MISS? 
-I miss being able to see my immediate family whenever I want to; I miss my Papaw; I miss being able to visit with my Mamaw & have her know who I am.  

8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)? 
-The pictures I have saved in albums because they are a visual recollection of all the wonderful memories I have.

9. HOW TALL ARE YOU? 
-5'5" (yep - that one hasn't changed at all, ha-ha!)

10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC? 
-I don't think so, but I certainly have issues with people getting in my personal space. Is there such a thing as personal space claustrophobia? I'd have that...

11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK? 
-It depends on the circumstances. I sleep in the dark & I love it, but I think that is only because I have the comfort of knowing that at any time I can flip a switch & illuminate the dark. When the power goes out, then yes...I get a little scared of the dark.

12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY? 
-My boss/my job. It makes me cry a lot. 

13. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR? 
-Being alone. It's a fear that gets stronger with each passing year.

14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE PREFERRED SEX? 
-I'd like to say I don't have a preference but I have a friend who'd beg to differ; apparently I like Scandinavian looking guys, tall, blond haired men. Yep...sounds about right. Examples? Nikolaj Coster-Waldau or Alexander Skarsgard

15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING? 
-I don't plan to be the one doing the proposing...so, not sure. 

16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK? 
-Coffee. Always coffee. I love coffee. I've already had 2 cups this morning. :)

17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? 
-Probably Canadian bacon. Very yummy. 

18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 
-Well, I'm not really so hungry right now. If I could eat anything for lunch in a couple hours, some really good, legit homemade macaroni & cheese sounds delicious. 

19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME? 
-Probably blue; although as I get older I also really like green. But blue I like a little bit better.

20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH? 
-Gross. No. But I've probably had a couple go belly up.

21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED? 
-the gift of life, ha-ha. Actually, probably the pearls that my parents gave me for my 16th birthday.

22. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH? 
-On a "real" person, right now...no. If we are venturing into celebrity territory then I'll have to point back to Nikolaj Coster-Waldau because I'm just really into him right now. Yep. 

23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED? 
-Not even a little bit.

24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? 
-I don't know that I have a favorite brand; I just buy what I like. I don't really put too much stock in labels.

25. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FEMALE/MALE CELEBRITY? 
-I love Sandra Bullock & Paul Rudd, if we're talking about big screen celebs. If we're talking small screen celebs then I'm a fan of Emily Deschanel & Neil Patrick Harris.

26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW? 
-A precious little guy named Watson, a dog. 

27. WHAT KIND IS IT? 
-A Jack Russell Terrier 

28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING? 
-Sure; you can't help who you fall in love with & you can't help the circumstances surrounding how & when you fall in love.

30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED? 
-Six

31. BLONDS OR BRUNETTES? 
-Blonds

32. FAVORITE QUOTE? 
-"It's not about the destination, it's about the journey" 

33. FAVORITE PLACE? 
-Wherever my favorite people are; a place of no consequence can become the most special place on Earth if you're with the right people. 

34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA? 
-I have! I've been to Canada! (this one changed, yahoo!) Now I need to get to a lot of other places...

35. YOUR WEAKNESSES? 
-Shopping, chocolate, good TV shows.

36. MET ANYONE FAMOUS? 
-The lead singer of Third Eye Blind; he was at the hotel we stayed at once in Birmingham. He swam in the pool with us.

37. FIRST JOB? 
-Baby sitting my cousins; that's the first thing I ever got paid to do.

38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL? 
-I haven't. 

39. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOUL MATE? 
-I do, although I don't think that a soul mate is necessarily your spouse...

40. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED THIS OUT? 
-Cleaning out the inbox for my office email.

41. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY? 
-Nope. Never in my 28 years.

42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? 
-I've been complimented on my eyes & my smile.

43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES? 
-Oh yes, for 3 very long years of my life. 

44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? 
-A nice young man to spend the rest of my life with; ha-ha. Beyond that, I don't know. I've got until October 6th to figure something out, right?

45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT AND THEIR NAMES? 
-I still think 3 or 4 would be good; the only name that is non-negotiable is Michaela Grace because if I have a daughter I'm naming her after my two little sisters. ;)

46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? 
-Yep-Natalie Wood. Even have pictures with her hand/footprints at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in LA.

47. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST TURN OFF OF THE OPPOSITE/SAME SEX? 
-I think guys that think too highly of themselves are a really big turn-off! 

48. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU LIKE(D) ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL? 
-Looking back now, as an adult; I liked the lack of responsibility I had in high school. I only thought the things I was responsible for were hard. I had no clue.

49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE? 
-It changes every time I buy shampoo. Right now I'm using Dove but next time I need shampoo it will probably be something else.

50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? 
-I do like my handwriting, I think it is pretty cute & I get compliments on it quite frequently.

51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? 
-Turkey! 

52. ANY BAD HABITS? 
-I probably fiddle with my hair way too much....

53. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON? 
-I can be, certainly. It all depends on the person & the situation.

54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? 
-I'd like to think so; I think I'm a pretty good friend & hopefully my friends would agree with that.

55. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS? 
-I don't. I used to think it was okay but I don't think you can have a relationship with physical benefits without one person becoming more attached than the other. Also, no relationship should be built on a foundation of the physical; that is one of the less important factors in any relationship.

56. DO LOOKS MATTER? 
- I think so. I don't think they should be a deciding factor but I also don't think you can have a lasting relationship with someone that you aren't attracted to. It isn't everything but it does play a part. 

57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? 
-I usually cry...lots of angry tears. 

58. WOULD YOU RATHER GAIN 58 POUNDS OR LOSE 58 POUNDS. 
-Oh, certainly lose 58 pounds. 

59. WHAT'S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE? 
-To be a wife & mother; to be a supportive & loving wife & raise kind, well-adjusted children. 

60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? 
-Do books count as toys? I'm going to have to say books.

61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE? 
-Too many; I put some app on my phone that synced my phone to my Facebook friends & so now I have over 500 phone numbers in my phone. Which I hate...but even resetting the phone didn't seem to help. *sigh*

62. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID? 
-Oh no. Not even a little bit. 

63. Do you use sarcasm? 
-I'm fluent in sarcasm; it's my second language.

64. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE? 
-Macaroni & Cheese-but boy...I really like mashed potatoes too! 

65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL? 
-loves the Lord, kind & caring, will be a good partner & father to children, doesn't hurt if he's easy on the eyes. 

66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES? 
-my little sister calls me Spikenard. I don't even know... 

67. FAVORITE SUPER POWER? 
-Could apparating be a super power? Because I'd love to be able to just pop in to see my family & friends whenever I wanted to. 

68. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW? 
-currently, Game of Thrones. 

69. WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH YOUR ENEMIES? 
-Kill them with kindness, so I'm told. I think I need to get a big stick & name it kindness...hehehe. 

70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? 
-Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (don't see this one changing...that stuff is awesome.)

71. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES? 
-I certainly do! 

72. DO YOU HAVE A COMPUTER IN YOUR ROOM? 
-No, not in my room. I do have a computer though.

73. PLANS FOR TONIGHT? 
-Walk on the treadmill, walk the dog, have supper, watch The Vampire Diaries & Elementary, sleep... 

74. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE WHEN YOU ARE OLDER? 
-Not in Mississippi, I know that much! I gotta get out of here....

75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? 
-No, because I'm answering them as a blog post. There is no need for any kind of response.

76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? 
-The music that is playing on my co-worker's computer...I think it is Lady Gaga. Ugh.

77. LAST THING YOU DRANK? 
-Coffee!

78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? 
-My Momma; love her!

79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE PREFERRED SEX? 
-It depends, most likely the smile.

80. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME? 
-Read, catch up on stuff I've DVR'ed, play outside with my dog. 

81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE? 
-I don't have a favorite thing to hate...thankfully. 

82. FAVORITE SEASON OF THE YEAR? 
-Autumn

83. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF CANDY? 
-I like any & all kinds of chocolate. That stuff is delicious.

84. HAVE YOU EVER REALLY AND TRULY HAD A BEST FRIEND? 
-I really & truly have a best friend in my life right now. 

85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR? 
-I'm a brunette but I've got red highlight in my hair also...

86. EYE COLOR? 
-Hazel 

87. SHOE SIZE? 
-A nine or nine and a half; my feet are not small.

88. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE? 
-Places that I don't have access to here in MS, like Chipotle or Panera. *sigh* 

89. FAVORITE RESTAURANT? 
-I really like Olive Garden & Chili's.

90. DO YOU LIKE SUSHI? 
-No thanks, not even a little bit.

91. WATCH TV TODAY? 
-I haven't. Haven't even turned the thing on.

92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? 
-Christmas. Without a doubt, I love Christmas. 

93. PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS? 
-I can bang out some tunes on the piano when I want to but I'm not as good as I could have been.

94. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT? 
-Republican; although I am finding myself to be a very liberal Republican. It depends very strongly on the issue that is up to debate.

95. KISSES OR HUGS? 
-Depends on who is giving the kisses or hugs, but both are nice.

96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS? 
-Relationships. I don't do one night stands.

97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT? 
-Lunch at Olive Garden on Tuesday; it was only okay.

98. WOULD YOU EVER BE A HOUSEWIFE? 
-Sure, that would be wonderful! My dream job is to be a Mommy & take care of my home/children.

99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? 
-A Dance of Dragons by George R.R. Martin

100. DESCRIBE YOUR LOVE LIFE: 
-Nonexistent. Again, *sigh*

Well...if you've made it all the way to the bottom then I congratulate you. You must have had some time on your hands. Obviously I had some time on my hands since I sat here & typed all this. Hope you enjoyed reading all the random little things I've revealed about myself. 

2 comments:

  1. #20 - You've never eaten a goldfish?!!! It's the snack that smiles back! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were born at 8:45 in the morning and I loved reading this.

    ReplyDelete