Monday, May 27, 2013

It Was a Long Week

Today I get the joy of blogging from my own desk, in my own home, drinking my coffee and listening to the music I like. The past week didn't really fly by - once Wednesday afternoon made itself known, the rest of the work week just dragged. Having today off makes me hope that this day drags by; each hour of freedom is precious. That being said, let me get this post written so I can cuddle with my dog and enjoy my day off.

A sure sign that summer has come to MS - although as I write this it is only about 70 outside. 

I mean - why not take a chance?
A co-worker went to the beach last weekend and told us that she'd buy anyone who wanted a Power Ball ticket. I'm not exactly rolling in the cash but I managed to dig around and find $3 to get one ticket. While my co-worker said she was feeling lucky; (and bought more than one ticket) I just thought it'd be funny to give it a shot and say I'd at least tried for my chance at that mega millions amount of money. Needless to say, I didn't win. If I had, y'all would have known long before now. I guess it was fun to try though, right?

The attack dog is gone for good - so now he can get back to his front porch sitting. 

One of my photo a day pictures was meant to be a book. This is a very pretty book ...that I'm almost done with.

I made banana bread on Tuesday night. It was pretty delicious if I do say so myself.
Wednesday, as I mentioned earlier - it was pretty rough. I don't know that I've made it a secret or not but I don't have the easiest time of it at my job. I suppose I shouldn't really elaborate too much on why; you're not really meant to talk negatively about work experiences because it reflects poorly on you if someone else is looking to hire you - isn't that right? I could just ask you that if you're reading this - please pray for me. In relation to the job I currently I have. Since elaborating on that isn't really the best idea, just know that many tears have been shed and I'd ask for you to lift me up in relation to that specific thing. Thanks. :)

Wednesday wasn't a total loss though - oh no. After telling a dear friend about the rough work day that I'd had, she invited me to join her for something she knew would end my day on a high note. You see, she had just welcomed her first grand baby a day earlier and she invited me to come with her to see him. It certainly did end my day on a much happier note; there is just something about holding such a precious little baby and knowing how wonderful, perfect and full of potential they are. Plus - I'm pretty sure a new baby is cuter than a barrel of puppies and kittens.
Meeting Micah - such a precious little boy.


The new Grandma & her grandson - she will be called Lula. It's Filipino for Grandma.


A thumb sucker perhaps?

A magnolia outside the office on Thursday morning, through the rain on my windshield.

I discovered my dog has a little heart shaped bit of fur on his tail. I always knew he was special - I think this just pretty much confirms it. 
I love red velvet cake, red velvet cupcakes - if it it red velvet, I love it. A few weeks ago one of my co-workers found the Pop-Tarts that you see below. As you can see, they are Limited Edition. Well I managed to snag a box from Wal Mart but ever since I've not been able to find them anywhere. I figured that I'd caught on to them too late and they were over and done. That same co-worker found about 8 boxes at Wal Mart during the past week and on Thursday when I came to my desk, I had two boxes waiting on me. I'm telling you people - it's little things like this that make a person's day. And those Pop-Tarts are amazing. I think I need to hoard the last box...

A sweet surprise. Literally & figuratively. 

A little thief. I try to cook & he comes to the kitchen to try & see what he can steal.

Google's search page for the weekend - I love it. And I remember doing just this very thing.

Friday morning sunshine from my bed...if only I could have stayed there.

I've decided I want a Magnolia tree. They look great & smell divine.

Homemade mac & cheese for supper on Thursday - it isn't called comfort food for nothing.

I may have a slight Pop Tart addiction. 
On Friday, another co-worker brought me a food related surprise. Her husband's family has a deli in Union Station in downtown Meridian and based on the few things I've tasted so far, I'd recommend going to eat there. I told her earlier in the week that I'd never tasted Pimento & Cheese but I guessed I'd have to get some at the store. She didn't want my first try to be store bought, so when she came back from lunch on Friday, she plopped me down a little container of the homemade stuff with some crackers. And y'all, it was delicious. I ate a little bit on some crackers there at the office for an afternoon snack and then took the rest home to make a grilled cheese. I've added another thing to the ever growing list of things I like to eat. :)

Trying new foods - that could have been a theme for my weekend.

This mega sunbeam in my living room on Friday evening. So awesome.

My beautiful little sister and her date to Ring Dance - it's a big deal y'all. I'm so proud of her. 

Ha-ha, I love that Game of Thrones almost always makes the best quotes of the week page in Entertainment Weekly. Cersei doesn't play. I need a little bit of Cersei's attitude some days.
I trekked (ha-ha, pun completely intended) myself off to the movies on Saturday afternoon to see Star Trek: Into Darkness. I've got all these movies that I want to see this summer and if I don't just go on my own, I'm not going to get to see them. So while every once in a while I get a little sad/weird about going to the movies alone, once the lights go down and the movie starts, I really could care less. I'm too involved in what is going on up on the big screen. The movie was great; better than the first one that came out in 2009 (although that one was good too). The villain stole the show completely - just like all the reviews said he would. Benedict Cumberbatch is the man y'all - but I guess when your parents saddle you with a name like that, you've got to be pretty hardcore, right? Seriously...what a name. Also, Chris Pine on a giant screen is never a bad thing and Zachary Quinto isn't hard to look at either...although with Spock ears and those goofy eyebrows...well, yep. Oh well.

I should mention I was the only girl in a theatre of guys. Guys of varying levels of nerdiness. Which is totally cool - because I'm a nerd too. As I was leaving the theatre one of them just kind of stared at me all slack jawed. I'm not sure if he was dumbfounded by the end of the movie or because of a girl by herself in Star Trek...but I didn't really care. I just smiled at him and kept on walking. Ha-ha.

Great movie - loved it.

This pup is a porch sitting fool. I love it.



Have you ever seen anything so cute? He tickles me.

Saturday night reading in the bed...so nice.

Sunday lunch courtesy of Nanny - pork ribs, fresh garden peas and rice. Yum!

Of course, Watson immediately puts on his game face to beg.

I gave him a small bite of pork. Which he loved.
Earlier in the week, my Uncle called and invited me to a craw fish boil on Sunday afternoon. I've never been to a craw fish boil and I've certainly never eaten craw fish but since there is a first time for everything, I said sure and on Sunday afternoon I headed out. It was nice to spend time sitting around with my family, talking and catching up. The food was good too - although I'm not sure how I feel about craw fish. It was alright but I don't know if I can get into eating something that still looks so very much like it could just crawl right off your plate at any time. I was definitely most tickled by my cousin's daughter who is only 5 but was tearing into the craw fish like nobodies business. I had fun for sure and was glad to get to spend some time with family.

Poor wiggly little suckers - they had no clue.

Relaxing on the car port with Harley.

My cousin Jessica's new puppy, Reesie. So sweet and teeny.

Into the boiler they go...look out craw fish!

This lucky guy got to be my first taste. And...eh. It wasn't awful. :)

Kyndel announced that she wasn't going to eat any - but then sat there beside me chowing down like a champ. What a goofball.

Selfie of me and my craw fish pal. Ha-ha.
I ended my evening with a little church time and a movie once I got home. And now that I've written all about the past week, I guess I should get started on this week. The treadmill is staring at me from the corner of the room and I know the sooner I get on it, the sooner I'll be done. I covet your prayers for a better work week than the last and I hope that you have a good last week of May.

The last hymn in the hymnal - couldn't they have found/written one more song???

Good-bye to another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment