Friday, April 1, 2022

Friday Favorites

Happy April 1st - I know, I know... also known as April Fools Day - but that's never really been my thing. The weather is certainly a joke, so maybe that's an April Fools Day joke for us all? April Fool's Day is not my thing but the fact that it's Friday and the weekend is lying before me... that's a favorite!


The Working Dog - My pup came to the office with me on Monday and he did an excellent job being the office mascot for the day! He was all too happy to hop into the car with me and head out on an adventure for the day; that's one thing that he's always up for, an adventure!




Why; you may ask, was he the perfect work mascot? Well it's simple really - besides the occasional stroll outside to sniff flowers and use the bathroom... he slept the entire day, ha-ha! I wish I could sleep all day at work, ha-ha!

House of the Dragon - Well... I suppose I'm ready to be hurt again. *laughs* If you read this blog for any length of time you know I was a huge fan of Game of Thrones (it's still my favorite show of all time) but man - it did not end in a way that was satisfying. However, when HBO announced that they would be creating spin-offs of the show to air on HBO - I was very much intrigued. 


The first spin-off premieres on August 21st and it's called House of the Dragon and centers on the Targaryen family (y'all surely remember Daenerys - right?). The story will chronicle their rise to power in Westeros and so the show will have lots of people with blonde hair... and plenty of dragons! The pictures and brief clips look exciting and so I guess I'm ready to head back to Westeros in late Summer.

Coconut Cream Cake - I will be attempting to make the lovely Coconut Cream Cake that's picture below and so y'all can wish me luck! A few years ago I started making my parents their birthday cakes each year and my lovely Daddy will be celebrating the BIG 6-0 tomorrow - and he requested Coconut Cake!


I found the recipe for this beautiful coconut cream cake on Pinterest (where else?) and so I'll be attempting to whip it up and present it to my family for a delicious treat to share as we celebrate my Dad! I can't wait to see how it turns out and if it's a hit - I'll happily share the recipe with you all here!

Brunch - We have brunch reservations on Sunday at the McFarland House in Martinsburg, WV and I am very much looking forward to it! We will be having brunch to celebrate my Dad's birthday and so after church, my parents, Ryan and I will be making the trip up to Martinsburg for some delicious food and time together.



The McFarland House was built in 1878 and is used as a wedding venue and restaurant now - and the building itself is quite stunning! The food is also delicious (if my memory serves me well) and I can't wait to visit once again. I also hope to get to see the outdoor space this time - last time I went it was February, frigid and snowy... here's hoping that Sunday will be sunny and spring like! 

Bridal Nails - Oh my goodness, you know what is not an April Fool's joke? These gorgeous bridal nails from Color Street! I am a huge fan of Color Street because I love having my nails done and they offer a long-lasting finish for your nails in tons of colors/patterns/styles! When I saw my email about bridal nails... I had to say "I do".


I grabbed a set of the Lace the Facts and Bride Tribe... which means I secure Something Blue accent nails for FREE! While I will no doubt be getting my nails done professionally for my wedding in November - these will be perfect to wear for showers and get togethers ahead of the Big Day! 

******************************************

Y'all have a wonderful weekend and may Spring arrive to wherever you are - like I'm hoping it does here!

No comments:

Post a Comment