Friday, April 22, 2022

Friday Favorites

The second to last weekend of April - y'all the months are flying by! This has been a unique week beginning with snow and ending with sandal weather. *sigh* I sure wish Spring would get with it.


One. Weird Weather - It was in the 70's on Saturday (of last weekend) and while it was a little cooler on Sunday, the skies were blue and it was gorgeous! However Sunday dawned cloudy and cold... but in a defiant spirit, I wore my Easter dress with a cardigan and went on about my business. While talking to my fiancé on the phone before leaving for work, he mentioned I should take my boots in the car to work...



Y'all - the forecast was for 1-3 inches of snow and sure enough, it started snowing around 9:15 and snowed until 4 PM! I ended up having to wear my boots with my Easter dress while scraping snow off my car before I could head home from work! The Monday after Easter - and it snows! What are the odds?!? It also snowed some on Tuesday - but now it's 75 outside. Go figure.

Two. New Glasses - I am finally getting new glasses and I cannot wait for them to arrive! I used Warby Parker's online services to have five pair of glasses delivered to my house, tried them all on and chose the best option! I sent pictures to my fiancé, my parents, my younger sister and I even brought the glasses to work to get my friend's opinions!


Once I'd settled on the Clare frames, I ordered them online - which was super easy - and then placed my at home try-on frames in the mail to send back to Warby Parker! I tried the glasses on Monday, placed my order on Wednesday (and uploaded my prescription via the app on my phone) and I was notified on Thursday night that my new glasses have shipped!

Three. Dance Lessons - Ryan and I took our first dance lesson last night and it was an experience! I grew up taking dance lessons but this was Ryan's first experience... and he was the best of the two of us! He did such an excellent job and I honestly feel like I just floundered, ha-ha! We learned steps for the waltz, foxtrot and cha cha before our first hour was up and Ryan was the best partner!


Our instructor told us that we both hear rhythm really well and have great posture - but apparently I need to work on letting Ryan lead. *sigh* Why is that not surprising to me? I do like to have control of all situations. I somehow also managed to very excitedly step in the wrong direction with quite a bit of fervor and slammed my toe into Ryan's boot... and the top of my toenail got broken off. So for now - it's dance 1 and Natalie 0.

We have our second lesson next Wednesday and I'll be wearing closed toe shoes! *smiles*

*************************************************

That's all I've got this week y'all! It should be a calm weekend and hopefully a lovely last week of April!

No comments:

Post a Comment