Monday, April 25, 2022

Adjacent to Luck

That weekend passed in a flash - holy cow! The most thrilling portion of Friday was that our wedding invitations arrived and they are absolutely stunning! We ordered them just over a month ago from Kimberly's in Winchester and I'm so glad we went with a local small business - the customer service was amazing and the invitations are just what I wanted and couldn't quite find on all the online retailers!

I did a whole lot of nothing on Friday afternoon and evening and it was amazing! Ryan was at work - so I ended up having some sandwiches and binge-watching Anatomy of a Scandal on Netflix! I even went to bed at a pretty decent hour because I had to get up at 7:15 to get ready for my Saturday plans.


Saturday morning I joined my Mom and we attended a women's conference at her friend Joyce's church - it was an all day event, so we kicked off the day with donuts, coffee and raffle tickets and went from there. The speaker was a woman named Robyn Dykstra and she was an excellent speaker! Her life has been filled with some definite faith-testing moments: she was a Playboy bunny, buried two husbands in four years and is now a Christian speaker - talk about the Lord using you regardless of your past choices! It was such an enjoyable conference filled with laughter, worship and words of wisdom!


One of my best friends, Meridith attended with her sister and mother and so we got to spend time together on Saturday too! We had lunch together and sat right near one another throughout the conference. It was so great to have her there too! And then my Momma - the luckiest woman alive for numerous reasons - but on Saturday because she won FIVE door prizes, including three gift baskets, a book and a ticket to next year's conference! I'm not sure what she's been doing but she's doing something right because luck was on her side!


I was lucky enough to benefit from her luck and ended getting a new Bible, a 52-week prayer journal and some highlighters to use in my new Bible and that was pretty exciting to me! I've been wanting a new Bible and this one (A Woman After God's Heart) is perfect! Ryan was working again on Saturday night, so I had dinner with my parents and then just relaxed and did some laundry on Saturday evening.

Sunday morning was church and then Ryan and I had lunch together at Cracker Barrel before taking a Sunday afternoon cat nap before he headed to work again and I continued to enjoy the lovely afternoon! My parents decided that since it was so nice out, we'd go get ice cream at New Town Creamery for dinner and I couldn't argue with that! It was our first visit of the season!


Once we came home, we watched the newest episode of Outlander and I ended up getting to bed at a pretty decent time to be ready for the work week ahead! And guess what - only three more days of work this week because our office is closed on Friday for the local Apple Blossom Festival! Thank heaven for local hometown festivals, am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment