Thursday, April 14, 2022

Thursday Things

It's Thursday - but tomorrow is Good Friday, so I wanted to pop in and share some of the things I'm loving on this Thursday! I can't believe it's already Thursday - this week has absolutely flown by!


One. Flowers in BloomThe flowers that Ryan planted at our house (technically it's our house but I'm not actually living there until we get married in November - it's all very confusing, I know) are all in bloom and I love them! When Ryan got home from work earlier this week, he text me the pictures of our flowers all in bloom!


All of the flowers were a surprise to me - he planted them while I was at work one day, with the knowledge I'd be stopping by the house after work - and I was surprised to arrive and see forsythia, tulips, hyacinth and some succulents! 

Two. Thank You Cards - Wedding items (and some honeymoon items) are arriving at the house sometimes weekly and earlier this week our thank you cards arrived! I am absolutely in love with them! I wanted something classic and elegant and when I stumbled on Lemon Grace's Etsy shop and saw these, I knew they were the ones!


I was able to choose the font color and the envelope color from a wide variety of options - so I went with an orange font and navy blue envelopes since that will most closely match our wedding colors. The cards arrived in less than a week, the packaging was lovely and the cards are just perfection!

Three. Happy Treat - So yesterday I got quite the surprise at work: I found out I was getting a raise! The office I work in has been through a transfer in the last couple months and things have been somewhat intense... it was such a nice surprise to have our hard work rewarded with a raise! And yes - I got myself a little present after hearing the news!


I won't really put my new present into use until my wedding day - but you better believe that I'll be carrying this gorgeous Barrington tote with my new initials on it just as soon as November 12th rolls around! I know it will be perfect for our honeymoon travels and will make an excellent (large) purse into the holidays and the New Year - my first full year as a wife!

Four. Easter Preparations - I cannot believe that Easter is this Sunday! Does anyone else feel like this year is flying by? Ryan and I will be attending the early service on Easter at our church and so we've volunteered to come home and start Easter lunch preparations because my parents are volunteering in the nursery during second service.


We will be having ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans and my contribution to the meal - corn casserole! We will also have Ryan's favorite, Yum Yum Pudding as part of dessert, along with a coconut cream pie for my Dad and I will be making some Easter Peep Cookie Bars. I know - a ton of food for four people! I'm sure we will have lunch leftovers for dinner, ha-ha!

*********************************************

Happy Thursday y'all - it's my Friday and I cannot wait for 3 PM when we get to head home and I can start my long weekend. If I'm being perfectly honest, today has been ROUGH on a few different levels and I am ready for some time to just take a breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment