Friday, April 29, 2022

Friday Favorites

 The final weekend of April - and the beginning of May - all in one weekend! Let's get things started!


One. I'm Off Work - It's a Three Day Weekend and I am beyond thrilled! The town where I work celebrates the Apple Blossom Festival and this year is the 95th year that it's been celebrated! There are over 100 events that span a week and a half - with a large chunk of them taking place the final weekend of the celebration, which just happens to be this weekend!


The office where I work has always had "Apple Blossom Friday" off every year since I've been working here and it's always a nice Spring surprise! I am counting down the days to my upcoming week off... but a day off is always welcome along the way!

Two. Apple Blossom Prayer Lunch - One of the myriad of events that take place during Apple Blossom week is the Prayer Lunch (it used to be a brunch) and I will be attending my second one this year! I went about 4-5 years ago and had a great time. so when a ticket because available earlier this week (thanks Dad) - I decided I'd tag along with my Mom and attend again.


Everyone wears shades of pink and green (the colors of apple blossoms) for Apple Blossom Festival and I actually managed to buy a dress recently that while actually covered in oranges and orange blossom, is filled with the colors of pink and green, so I'll be wearing that! There will be a speaker and door prizes and delicious food - it should be a great time!

Three. Dance Lessons - Y'all... Ryan and I have been taking dance lessons and while the first one was a little rocky (for me)...we attended our second class on Wednesday night and it was great! We have learned to waltz, cha-cha and rumba so far - and had a less than successful attempt at the foxtrot! 


We are learning our dance skills at Social Graces Dance Studio in Berryville and our instructor Maria is a delight! She is an excellent instructor and so patient with our goofy selves! We will be taking a couple more lessons a little closer to the wedding so that we look like we know what we're doing when we start dancing our first dance, ha-ha!

Four. Elevation Nights - Ryan and I have tickets to attend Elevation Nights on Sunday night and we cannot wait! We will be making our way into DC, to the Capital One Arena to experience a wonderful night of music, worship and preaching!


I must confess that before I met Ryan, I wasn't very aware of Steven Furtick but I certainly am now and I enjoy listening to his sermons each week as they download to my podcast app! And some of my favorite worship songs are by Elevation Worship - and I can't wait to get to enjoy some of them live and with my favorite person in the whole world!

*******************************************************

The final weekend of April is here and before it's over, May will have arrived! Y'all enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment