Monday, April 4, 2022

March Winds and April Showers

I know... I know - it's definitely April now, but those March winds are hanging on and making things a little bit wild! I cannot believe another weekend has come and gone - time is flying y'all! Friday night was a chilly evening indeed! We headed over to West Virginia to celebrate the 5th birthday of sweet Evelyn and the 16th birthday of sassy Emily - and y'all, it was COLD.

I'm sure when you schedule a pavilion at a park, you cant' guarantee that the weather won't be terrible and while Friday was sunny and there were beautiful blue skies, the temperature around 6 PM was hovering in the lower 40's and the wind was whipping at around 30+ mph. In short - it was brisk out. We played on the playground, ate pizza and cake... and spent some time congregating near the women's restroom because the building blocked the brutal wind! Eek! The littles and the teenagers seemed mostly unfazed by the cold - but the adults were huddled for warmth, ha-ha!

Please peek at the picture of Ryan and I - he was so cold that maybe he's feeling a little bit dead inside, ha-ha! I'm just kidding about that - but I am not kidding about the cold! Once the party was over, we raced to Sheetz to grab warm and delicious coffee before heading home: Ryan went to work and I watched the fifth episode of Bridgerton's second season before crashing pretty hard.

 

 

Saturday dawned bright and sunny yet again - honestly the whole weekend was beautiful - if you didn't dwell on the wind too much. I'd intended to try and sleep late but ended up awake before 7:30 and made myself some coffee before watching the sixth episode of Bridgerton while doing my nails. It was a nice calm morning and it was really nice to just chill for a little bit.

Saturday was my Dad's 60th birthday and he had requested a Coconut Cream Cake, so I whipped that bad boy up (with assistance from my Mom - thanks Mom) and it turned out beautifully! We sat the finished product aside and decided to head over to Strasburg for the Vintage in the Valley Festival that had crafts, a car show and ore along Main Street of Strasburg. The weather was so nice and so we enjoyed getting to look at some of the crafts, Ryan told me all about the vintage cars and we enjoyed being in the sunshine is some almost Spring-like weather!

 

 

We had dinner with my parents at Longhorn Steakhouse for my Dad's birthday and then all headed back to my parent's house to have cake and watch movies for the evening. The cake turned out really well, if I do say so myself! It received rave reviews and I was quite proud of the end result! I finally ended up watching The Matrix (yes - I'd never seen it before Saturday night) before calling it a night... I now understand the whole "red pill/blue pill" reference... and the whole "glitch in the matrix" thing! 

Sunday after church we all headed to Martinsburg, West Virginia to have brunch at the Historic McFarland House - another celebration of my Dad! This was a bit of a touchstone moment for me because the first time we had brunch here was Valentine's Day 2021 - quite literally the day before I "met" Ryan for the first time! It was a real treat to be able to stand on those steps to take a picture and have the love of my life with me this time around! 

 

We perused an antique store before heading back to Winchester and stopping in at Costco and then finally heading home! Ryan and I chatted with my little sister some and then had an April goals meeting before we headed to the Alamo to see The Lost City - which we both thought was hilarious! We loved our date night but since Ryan had been battling a bit of a cough all weekend, we ended the evening with a stop at Wal-Mart for some cough meds before ending the weekend with early nights for us both!


It was such a good weekend and I told my Mom that it feels like we are starting to come out of hibernation and have all kinds of things to do on the weekends - I finally have pictures of the activities that we have been taking part in! I'm looking forward to the month of April and all that it has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment